PDA

View Full Version : Titanfall’s first DLC announced

alanjg007
18-04-2014, 04:14 PM
During their panel at PAX East, Respawn revealed details on Expedition, the first DLC map pack for Titanfall. Expedition will hit Xbox LIVE this May, and will introduce three new maps to the Frontier. These three new maps include Runoff, Swamplands and Wargames.

Along with the announcement itself, Respawn released a nifty little canonical explanation as to how/why this expansion is able to take place within the Titanfall universe, which reads as follows:

In the wake of the Battle of Demeter, IMC Expeditionary Forces travel deep into Frontier space to recover from their recent defeat. On an uncharted world, the IMC begin construction of a new fleet operations base, using newly acquired water collection and filtration plants to support the new base. When drainage operations reveal ancient ruins and artifacts of an unknown origin in a nearby swamp, Spyglass activates an archaeological team to investigate the site. To maintain battle readiness at the new base, IMC Pilots use simulation pods to train for anticipated Militia raids, based on lessons learned in Angel City and IMC Airbase Sierra.

If I’m reading into that description correctly, this seems to suggest that the expansion will not only come with new maps, but it very well may come with additional content for its multiplayer campaign. If this is indeed the case, then I’m even more behind the expansion! While we over here at XOD loved Titanfall, the campaign was (is) definitely the lowest point of the game. Were the expansion packs to… well, you know, expand upon the story, then maybe I’ll be able to think a little higher of the rather forgettable quarrel between the IMC and Militia.