PDA

View Full Version : Hard Drive Connection

jedex
13-03-2014, 04:30 PM
Hi
I have a Vu+ Duo with VIX

I have just installed a 2TB Toshiba HDD

When I setup the Default movie location it comes up as /media/sda1/ but it only shows 3998mb of space which I'm assuming is my 4GB pen drive

I obviously want it to use the 2TB drive

Also it shows up with a folder called lost+found and I have no idea what that is

Please help

cheers

berley
13-03-2014, 07:57 PM
I'm not sure if this will help but worth a shot

Did you initialise the HDD in the receiver? Does it show up in the initialisation menu?
Menu > Setup > System > Storage Devices > Initialisation

Have you tried it with the pen drive unplugged ?

notanotherone
13-03-2014, 08:12 PM
most HDD are plug and play on the VU-duo make very sure you aren't tricked into doing anything silly, for example, finding yourself in the situation where the new drive you've installed hasn't been recognised at all, and the drive listed is actually your USB drive with all of your files on it, and blindly going ahead and deleting them forever. one way to see it is goto start on your computer and put in \\ 192.168.+.+ whatever the rest of your ip address is for your vu on mine lost+found are just folders i have .music .pictures and movies ,try recording something and see if it goes into a folder using the search \\192.168.(wahtever the rest of the number is )On Vix image dont think you can initialise hdd if it is mounted. Unmount it first, initialise it and then mount it/reboot when completed.

jedex
13-03-2014, 08:37 PM
its ok.. It had added bookmarks... I deleted them and made new ones

berley
13-03-2014, 09:54 PM
Did that solve both your problems in your original post ?

wullboy
14-03-2014, 08:59 AM
When I setup the Default movie location it comes up as /media/sda1/ but it only shows 3998mb of space which I'm assuming is my 4GB pen drive

If the hard drive has been mounted proberly , the all you have to do is, when wanting to store in hard drive, when it states movies/sda1, just hit the righthand curser on your remote and media/hd should appear, if you hit the curser again, then medis/usb will appear, so you leave it at your choice, which is media/hd for storing movies ???