PDA

View Full Version : ipad 4L ipad could not be restored (4005)

alanjg007
02-03-2014, 11:16 AM
Ive been trying to jailbreak an ipad 4. Long story short evasion failed and now the ipad is left at the usb connect screen. I beleive that the issue is that if OTA updates are done it can cos some issues.

Now i've tried to restore the ipad but keep getting loads of errors with the last been the 4005 one in the title of this thread.

Ive tried various ipsw firmware for the device but no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

berley
02-03-2014, 11:43 AM
Have you tried connecting it to itunes and restoring it from there ?

alanjg007
02-03-2014, 12:41 PM
yeah, but the ipad is stuck in recovery mode now.

jesspollock
05-03-2014, 06:24 PM
I've had a similar problem but on an iPhone 4S
Make sure your iTunes is fully updated, and make sure the iPad is charged via the mains for at least a couple of hours
Hold down the lock and home button together to force a reboot, and see if you can get iTunes to restore.
I've also had once I wasn't able to restore on iTunes running on OS X, but it was about to restore on bootcamp. Very weird.

berley
14-03-2014, 01:15 PM
Hi Alan, dunno if you got this sorted anyhow I emailed someone about it and this is the reply, worth a shot if you haven't already fixed it.

Hi *****,

Try here for error code descriptions, http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3694#error-1

Here are the recovery instructions but you may need to address the 4005 error first.

Stuck in Recovery Mode

These steps work with devices that have no other problems, if you receive any errors codes during this process please send them to me and I will explain what they mean, most are fixable.

Follow these steps to recover your device:

go goto http://osxdaily.com/2010/11/02/download-ipad-firmware-ipsw/ and download the firmware for your ipad model. if you do not know which ipad minor version you have, then download the first IOS 6.1 file for your ipad and complete the following steps.

If you receive a message saying "not for this model, or not compatible" then try the next file. *warning: this is a total factory restore so the downloads are around 700mb each.

1. open itunes, ipad disconnected.

2. connect ipad

3. warning restore message appears

4. windows users the SHIFT key, MAC users hold the OPTION key

5. click the restore button.

This will open a dialogue box allowing you to navigate to the file you downloaded.

6. Select the downloaded file and hit ok.

This should start the manual restore, if it fails, download the next file and repeat the steps.

3194 Error and DNS Flush

Before you begin please unplug your ipad and shutdown itunes.

For Windows, navigate to C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc/ and find the file that’s named “hosts”

For Mac, the file is in /etc/

Open the file in Notepad (or any other text editing software) (for Windows users, open this with Administrator Privileges)

You’ll likely have this line or similar within the file somewhere:

74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com

Select everything in this file and delete it and save the file.

We will now flush your DNS cache:

1. Click the Start menu> Run and type cmd then Enter (Open command prompt)

In the command prompt window, type ipconfig /flushdns, then press Enter.

Now restart your computer, start itunes and attempt the restore again.

2. In the command prompt window, type ipconfig /flushdns, then press Enter.

For Any other error messages or codes please come back to me and we’ll work through them.

Best regards,

Rob

alanjg007
16-03-2014, 11:28 AM
I've tried all the above and more. I think its stuck in recovery due to no o.s on it. Hopefully there will be a way to install it without iTunes soon?

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk