PDA

View Full Version : Starview or Dbox2??

bhoy100
17-08-2006, 04:16 PM
I have aDbox2 and have programmed loads of them, find them easy to use and update, how do these Starview boxes differ apart from in the looks dept and is there much support 'cos theres loads with a Dbox2:please:

supersayan70
17-08-2006, 04:33 PM
dbox2 all the way once ur use3d to em thereeasy to mess around with!!!

infiniti
19-08-2006, 03:16 PM
stick with the dbox, the starview is ok ,but if u want something to play about with u cant beat the dbx.

mn2005
19-08-2006, 08:47 PM
Dbox all the time.. Lan port. proper LCD screen. proper EPG and Bouqets. based on an opensourced ( linux ) os. then when my Dbox dies, it`s a dreambox.

dellboymark
23-08-2006, 06:20 PM
the problem with the star view boxes is all software is created by the manufacturere,so the support is crap,stick with the dbox the best support!

m157ry17
29-08-2006, 10:14 PM
I have both of them one in my living room and one in my bed room and i can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that the DBOX is the best. It has never let me down where as the starview is very fragile (not physically)!

cramp
30-08-2006, 04:14 PM
Dboxs are open source so they are very stable where as the starview boxes are not open source so they tend to loose channles when the CC send out encrypted data.

anothernoobie
30-08-2006, 11:30 PM
Dboxs are open source so they are very stable where as the starview boxes are not open source so they tend to loose channles when the CC send out encrypted data.

does the loss of channels happen often, and how do you get around this problem m8, have to agree dbox is very good, but not too many good ones around now,thats why i got starview

lucid
04-11-2006, 06:45 AM
The starviews are generally a lot easier to use and set up. But the EPG on the D box is excellent compared to the starview which is a bit slow to update.

The starviews work well and the only things that generally need altering are a quick rescan on the channels when the frequency changes on 1 or 2 channels then they may disappear or lose audio or sometimes the way the cc's do the autoroll of keys. Then a firmware fix is required.

badmanvan
29-01-2007, 11:08 AM
The starviews are generally a lot easier to use and set up. But the EPG on the D box is excellent compared to the starview which is a bit slow to update.

The starviews work well and the only things that generally need altering are a quick rescan on the channels when the frequency changes on 1 or 2 channels then they may disappear or lose audio or sometimes the way the cc's do the autoroll of keys. Then a firmware fix is required.
I agree the dbox2 i find a hell of a lot better, may be old but works a treat, freezes now and then but just unplug and plug back in and all channels re-appear.....I have only flashed my box twice since i have had it since early 2005 and just purchased a starview which i had to flash twice in two weeks....but the starview looks nicer and smaller and also looks like a freeviewbox...iam happy with both of these but only time will tell..

Oh yes support for the starview is limited, but there are alot of clever people out there that can help a great deal