Shipoftheline
17-08-2006, 01:38 PM
William Shatner Reprises Kirk for Star Trek: Legacy Featuring All Five Captains

Beam story to friend
Join our newsletter
Syndicate news
Divine Treasury forum
Create Yahoo! News Alert
Reuters reports that William Shatner has agreed to reprise his role as James T. Kirk in voiceover for Star Trek: Legacy from Bethesda Softworks.

"I couldn't imagine someone else playing Captain Kirk, even in a video game, so I kind of got a little territorial," said Shatner in a telephone interview.

"The interest in Star Trek has waned in the last couple years. It's been around a long time, it's a staple of American life and I think we need something new and different in Star Trek," said Shatner, who loaned his voice to 1997 video game Star Trek: Starfleet Academy.

Veteran Trek scribe D.C. Fontana is aboard to write the script for Legacy (story) which is due for release in October.

Shatner's voice will be joined by those of Patrick Stewart, Avery Brooks, Kate Mulgrew, and Scott Bakula, according to a statement from Bethesda. This work marks the first time that all five starship captains have participated in a single Trek project together.

"If it's a good game, keeping true to the characters the best they can and having an interesting story that branches, I think a game can bring a freshness to a franchise like Star Trek," Shatner said.

Game play appears set to keep Star Trek buzzing and bopping in the immediate future. At over $30 billion worldwide, video game sales surpass the movie industry.

William Shatner will host the first annual Canadian Awards for the Electronic and Animated Arts (CAEAA 2006) on September 14th in Vancouver. The Elan honours top talent, animation, and video game development

TrekWeb.com - William Shatner Reprises Kirk for Star Trek: Legacy Featuring All Five Captains (http://trekweb.com/articles/2006/08/14/William-Shatner-Helps-Build-Star-Trek.shtml)

Star Trek: Legacy Screens for PC at GameSpot (http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/sim/startreklegacy/screenindex.html)

Hunter
17-08-2006, 01:53 PM
dont you just love star trek :wink:

mr_kizah
21-08-2006, 12:52 PM
i wounder if his costum will be a pink suit and feather hat. every time i see him tv nowq he doing the ladys man thing makes des linham look like an novice.