PDA

View Full Version : xbox one scam

biker
22-01-2014, 02:11 PM
hi gang just read computer active mag today there appears to be a scam on internet to program in backward compatibility so you can play xbox games WARNING if downloaded it will kill the xbox one dead and the shop will no repair or replace due to you putting software in box hope this is of use

digidude
25-01-2014, 12:18 AM
the very first time i heard this (about 3 days after being at a midnight launch) i thought to myself, why would you want backwards compatibility?, if youre a true gamer, then this wouldnt interest you, as youd own the actual consoles. i own original consoles to play the games on, and the retro factor makes them even better, i have original playstations, and PSones, PS2, PS3, original xbox, gamecube, N64, NES, SNES, master system, megadrive, amigaCD, and god knows what else, and the games to lay them on

why play abes oddesey on an emulated system playing itself down, when you can play it as it was meant to be? would alex kid on an emulator be as good as it is on a master system, the original starfox feeling will never be captured in 'backwards compatibility'

why the fook would you want to pay over ?400 for a console, to play a game you can buy for less than ?3 tthat will work on a console that you could probably buy second hand for the cost of a few beers

buy an xbox one, play processor hungry xbox one games on it, want to play the original halo game, then buy an original comsole for about ?17, the original game for about ?2, and play it as it was meant to be played

gamers killing their toys for 'backwards compatibility' get ZERO sympathy from me, game properly, or just show off your new toy, you cant do both on the same box

(PS killer instinct gold for the N64, best game EVER, bleeding thumbs from that, awesome, lol)

biker
25-01-2014, 01:58 PM
hi digidude you summed it up well always go forwards never back my ps3 serves me when I find a cheap game in supermarket no game store nearby and when you go on line to game the price of games are higher then supermarket.

Vandelay71
15-02-2014, 07:03 PM
Cheers dude, any info like this is always good to know :)