PDA

View Full Version : Sky Sports F1 HD

routari
17-01-2014, 01:26 AM
Is this still part of the HD package? I'm sure we got it as part of that originally, but it only seems to be shown under the Sky Sports package now for new installs? :dunno:

Gazer
17-01-2014, 09:41 AM
The F1 channel is now part of the sky sports pack only

Previously it was part of the HD pack but not anymore.

jezzais1337
20-01-2014, 03:18 AM
Sucks the way you have to fork out for the full entertainment package to get sky sports hd aswell

pmyhill
21-01-2014, 07:19 PM
its sadly like that with Virgin to :( but they dont even offer the HD version only standard, its one reason i'm contemplating leaving VM but then dont really want to pay ?30 a month to watch a race

Vandelay71
15-02-2014, 07:13 PM
Yes sadly indeed, but until people stop subscibing in the masses it's unlikely to change anytime soon...

andy1401
09-08-2014, 02:29 AM
The F1 channel is now part of the sky sports pack only

Previously it was part of the HD pack but not anymore.

I called them up end last year wanting to cancel HD over the winter as I only got it for the F1. They told me if I wanted it back it have to be part of the sports package. I told them that ok I watch it on the BBC as they showing most of it on Red button or so many live, suddenly they offered the HD package and F1 at a reduced price of ?5 a month instead of ?10.

dx100-uk
09-08-2014, 09:10 PM
I complained and got it back free
when I signed up for free 12mts HD it came with F1

then when my 12mts ended I wanted to cancel sky all together

they cheekily tried to charge my card 5 weeks before the end mind
lucky i'd blocked it by CPA cancel to the bank sev weeks earlier.

phoned to complain

they tried everything in the book to keep me. I refused

then I got a call from retentions offering me the lot at half price inc + F1

said no,

then got it down to 7.50 with free F1 HD as it was already in my 'deal' when I signed up

dx

gunner83
21-08-2014, 11:37 PM
thinking of getting this is it a one off channel or do i need sky sports as well?

dx100-uk
22-08-2014, 01:43 AM
sadly you do
though there are ways to watch most GP's free but not via the sky channel.

8988neil
26-08-2014, 07:09 PM
You can always watch it through now tv but that costs ?10 for a day pass, I've tried to watch it for free online but the site are rammed with ads and spam unfortuately

satsearching
13-09-2014, 08:34 PM
You could move your dish to 19'e and watch it free on RTL. If you want British commentary, then tune to (or use online streaming) of 5 Live on the radio.

Bernie is a greedy **** and eventually will get his own way and make F1 a pay thing for Germany too.

Then again, feeds can be found on XBMC with sports devil and mashup....

I fail to understand how Bernie makes F1 a pay channel when the sponsorship deal companies are paying ads on the cars and on the tracks, I totally refuse to pay extra to watch F1, the Sky presenters are crap anyway compared to BBC.

SS

Timoweb
06-02-2015, 04:32 PM
You could move your dish to 19'e and watch it free on RTL. If you want British commentary, then tune to (or use online streaming) of 5 Live on the radio.

Bernie is a greedy **** and eventually will get his own way and make F1 a pay thing for Germany too.

Then again, feeds can be found on XBMC with sports devil and mashup....

I fail to understand how Bernie makes F1 a pay channel when the sponsorship deal companies are paying ads on the cars and on the tracks, I totally refuse to pay extra to watch F1, the Sky presenters are crap anyway compared to BBC.

SS
With these XBMC boxes can you get stuff like F1 in HD?

DessertDog
08-02-2015, 12:00 PM
yep and all s** sports but sometimes they take some finding m8