PDA

View Full Version : VU+DUO2

jimp
06-12-2013, 11:26 PM
Hi,
I'm new to the forum and cant find any info or discussion on the fairly new VU DUO2. Anyone got one are you happy with it and is it worth buying

wullboy
07-12-2013, 10:35 AM
try here m8 >>>>>>>
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forum.php

notanotherone
07-12-2013, 01:32 PM
have a look at our sponsor's site

jimp
17-12-2013, 12:59 AM
Had a look at the sponsors site and gleaned as much info as I can on this box. Got an old Cuberevo to replace which is an early Linux box that's now not supported. The VU+ duo 2 is getting a cracking write up from manufacturer and suppliers. Is it really as good as they say. Anybody got one.

notanotherone
17-12-2013, 07:45 AM
yes bud i have i ve had one since they came out and imho its the best one ive ever had you can time shift ,record (if you have a hdd installed) you can the same as a sly box and more

jimp
18-12-2013, 12:45 AM
Seen another thread on images lower down but it's pretty old so I'll ask here. What image are you running with and is it stable? Have you tried the twin tuner in one of your slots

wullboy
18-12-2013, 08:37 AM
Most people use either VIX or Blackhole, as they are both well supported m8 !!

notanotherone
18-12-2013, 01:42 PM
as you know jimp most images are now settled out and are stable ,I am running one of Blackhole original images and never had a problem,in the old days I was for trying this image or that one and they all were better than the first one Vix continue to develope their images as do others but it's for other thing than stability pretty sure they have that under control ,it's more of how the can put other things into it,tbh all images now a days are fine ,it's now what would you like that image to do