PDA

View Full Version : Plusnet

Yardimci
06-10-2013, 05:08 PM
Has anyone had plusnet as their internet provider?

Gazer
06-10-2013, 09:38 PM
Has anyone had plusnet as their internet provider?

I did a few years ago ...did not rate them....plus had to use BT for phone line at the time, don't know if you still do

gmzinfinate
07-10-2013, 12:31 AM
Yes,i am on Plusnet Fibre.I was worried about changing to them to be honest but i need not have feared.I have only good things to say about them to be honest but it depends on what you want from an ISP.

I get a solid 36Meg Down and 12 Up.OK,that's not BT infinity or VM's top speeds but it has no traffic throttling.

But it depends on who is using the service at the same time.Plusnet have a unique user policy (i don't think anybody else has this policy) The service is totally throttle free 24/7 if only one person is using the internet at a time.If more than one person is using it at the same time it will prioritise the first user and slow the second,third etc.

Also after being with PS for just under a year now on a 18 month contract i have only once had dropped internet.The internet was off for ten minutes a couple week ago.Also a huge deal for me is no sales calls AT ALL! Also UK call centres staffed by UK staff.A lot of the time you will find companies promoting UK call centres but staffed with foreigners not PN.

I would give PS 8/10.

I have been previously with Talktalk/VM/BT.PS is as good if not better than any of them.Like i said though different people want different things from an ISP.I do heavy Usenet downloads.For me PS non throttled 24/7 is great for my needs.

Gazer
07-10-2013, 12:51 PM
@ gmzinfinate

Do you still have to use BT for the line, or is it all down to PlusNet now ?

Yardimci
07-10-2013, 07:39 PM
Thank you both!

gmzinfinate
08-10-2013, 12:34 PM
Do you mean can you use a non BT/PN phone as PN is a subsidiary of BT anyway? I don't think you can but i could be wrong.I was with VM for Broadband and phone before the changeover anyway.I know you can't use VM,but that is common as VM has its own cable system network for phone and broadband.

antbus
03-08-2014, 01:40 AM
supposed to be cheaper of you take out annual line rental i believe ? seems the best value out there at present - wont touch sky again awful customer service