PDA

View Full Version : samsung plasma

broony2005
16-08-2006, 12:53 AM
i was going to buy a samsung plasma seen 3 50" ones on pricerunner , any reviews would be helpfull .dont want to end up spending lots of money on something crap

bigdome
01-10-2006, 01:54 PM
bit late but...I got a 42" samsung plasma and am over the moon with it...

vichio
12-10-2006, 07:50 PM
even later but... 42" plasma panasonic seems to me to be the better picture quality, but might not meet the samsung on built in sound (personal choice then).

nins
12-10-2006, 11:45 PM
I bought 42" panasonic viera about year ago paid ?3800 for it now its only ?1800. But I am inpressed with it no probsd would recommend and looks the buisness too with stand. Take a look before you commit and buy samsung.

thefaxmachine
25-11-2006, 01:40 PM
I had the 50" Samsung - had problems with the DNie function causing brightness fluctuations. Ended up upgrading to a Pioneer 507XD and at the moment it seems much better (maybe I had a faulty Samsung though!)

weezil101
03-12-2006, 07:41 AM
I had the 50" Samsung - had problems with the DNie function causing brightness fluctuations. Ended up upgrading to a Pioneer 507XD and at the moment it seems much better (maybe I had a faulty Samsung though!)

I heard that this feature was not functioning as they'd intended. Apparantly there's a way to turn it off through a hidden engineers menu.

weezil101
18-12-2006, 06:45 PM
I heard that this feature was not functioning as they'd intended. Apparantly there's a way to turn it off through a hidden engineers menu.

Just as an update to previous post (for anyone else who may be interested?), I've now got a Samsung plasma and the DNIe function appears fixed (i.e. it doesn't adjust itself everytime the picture changes!!)

h04n9
20-12-2006, 07:52 PM
how are these samsung compare to hitachi? Samsung has very nice design and all but hows the quality. Hitachi has their alis techonoly, is this any good?

weezil101
20-12-2006, 08:20 PM
While we were looking at TVs there were 4 brands that really stood out - Samsung, Pioneer, Panasonic and Hitachi (which surprised me actually - never thought of them as being particularly good). The Pioneer was the best in every dept but nearly twice the price of the others, the Panasonic had a fantastic picture but we didn't like the housing as much. In the end it was a toss-up between the Samsung and the Hitachi. They both have great pictures (though different strengths / weaknesses) but ultimately my missus had the casting vote and decided that the aesthetics of the Samsung pushed it ahead.

It's hard to judge precisely how good when you can only display standard res. telly but xbox360 games look awesome and I'm getting a prog. scan DVD player for Xmas so hopefully will start to see it at its best (until NTL sort themselves out and give us HD programming).

kryten77
20-12-2006, 11:21 PM
42" Samsung won it for me. Loads of inputs, sound is great, picture quality is good. price was within budget. Home cinema system that came with it is brilliant also.