PDA

View Full Version : Toilet

alanjg007
02-06-2013, 01:54 PM
After flushing the toilet starts to refill. When it gets to where it should stop, it keeps flowing and comes into the pan and continues like that for half an hour. Now its not the old style ball type stopping mechanism so i'm a bit lost.

I've been to B&Q and i cant find any that look like what i need. I'm sure its only a small part that can be bought, fitted cheaply& easily, instead of buying a whole new system.

will get the make of the toilet in case that helps.

Any ideas.

fergalsworld
02-06-2013, 06:56 PM
Post some pictures up of the inside of the cistern.

alanjg007
02-06-2013, 08:15 PM
ok, will get that as soon as i can

Gazer
03-06-2013, 08:54 AM
Have a look here : To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Should be able to get them from screwfix cheaper

alanjg007
03-06-2013, 05:16 PM
the make of the toilet is 'Ideal standard' and it has a top button flush.

Will get pics soon.

dx100-uk
04-06-2013, 02:24 AM
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. just a little diagfram washer gone hard
very easy to do
just look at the videos
dx

alanjg007
04-06-2013, 07:53 AM
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. a little diagfram washer gone hard
very easy to do
just look at the videos
dx

404 not found dx. sounds like the culprit too.

dx100-uk
04-06-2013, 09:48 AM
it s the website

try this

http://www.siamp.co.uk/

alanjg007
16-07-2013, 08:42 PM
I said i'd post pictures and finally got around to it. It was working after I fiddled with it the last time but now I know it needs changing. Now its nothing like in the link above (thanks anyway) am sure its the 'A' part thats the issue. Inside that is a rubber grommet which i think should plug the hole and stop the water.

So either the grommet is faulty or the whole mech is faulty. As if you tap it when the water is at the top, it will stop filling!

what you think, anyone seen this type before?

Brjbrjbrj
21-07-2013, 09:57 PM
If it only the filling valve (ball valve) that has broken they are quite easy to replace and fairly cheap to buy (just remember to switch off the water supply before starting).

The siphon on the other hand can be a bit more difficult. We had to remove the whole cistern to change ours.

By the very virtue that you can stop the fill by tapping it makes me think it is the filling valve rather than the siphon.

dx100-uk
25-07-2013, 12:09 AM
I said i'd post pictures and finally got around to it. It was working after I fiddled with it the last time but now I know it needs changing. Now its nothing like in the link above (thanks anyway) am sure its the 'A' part thats the issue. Inside that is a rubber grommet which i think should plug the hole and stop the water.

So either the grommet is faulty or the whole mech is faulty. As if you tap it when the water is at the top, it will stop filling!

what you think, anyone seen this type before?

outside chance

give it a good dose of the silkolene lubricant

flush the cistern
stop it filling

spray everything in the syphon tube you can get at

dx

alanjg007
26-07-2013, 08:06 AM
outside chance

give it a good dose of the silkolene lubricant

flush the cistern
stop it filling

spray everything in the syphon tube you can get at

dx

is that like 40+

dx100-uk
26-07-2013, 09:46 AM
if you mean wd40
sort of
but wd40 tends to fruke plastic sliding parts

its basically a no greasy bike lube

I find it very good on plastic/rubber/nylon sliding parts.

which to me seems your issue.

dx