PDA

View Full Version : Memera 2000 fuse??

Edward12
25-04-2013, 03:20 PM
Hi Guys,
My circuit just tripped which is not a problem, got leccy working again. However while I was there, I just realised I dont know how to change a fuse if it ever did blow. I had power to lights and cooker etc but not to sockets. I tried following instructions on lid but I could not get it to budge. Any idea how I would change fuse if the need arose?

notanotherone
25-04-2013, 06:09 PM
the boss on here is a sparkie(pmsl roflmao so they say ) am sure hell be able to help

thelostone
26-04-2013, 09:13 AM
the boss on here is a sparkie(pmsl roflmao so they say ) am sure hell be able to help
That explains a lot they say water and electricity don't mix pmsl

ksharf
27-04-2013, 10:07 AM
Hi Guys,
My circuit just tripped which is not a problem, got leccy working again. However while I was there, I just realised I dont know how to change a fuse if it ever did blow. I had power to lights and cooker etc but not to sockets. I tried following instructions on lid but I could not get it to budge. Any idea how I would change fuse if the need arose?

Does your unit have switches (MCBs or miniature circuit breakers) in it for the different circuit (this would look lke a row of switches under the cover), or are there fuse carriers (these will look like a row of "blank" plates with the current ratings written on them (30A, 15A, 5A etc). If it is an MCB you should notice that one switch is in a different position to the others and this just needs to switched to the same position. If it is the fuse carrier, you need to prise the front part off (this could be quite stiff). Inside there should be a fuse cartridge which you can take to a DIY store and they will help you get a replacement. It may be worth getting a few of each rating while you are there for next time :) Then replace the fuse cartridge and push the carrier back into place.

ksharf
27-04-2013, 10:21 AM
Hi Guys,

Does your unit have a row of switches (MCBs or mini circuit breakers) or a row of fuse carriers (these will have a row of faceplates with the current rating on (30A, 15A, 5A etc)? If the MCBs, one of the switches should be in a different position to the others, so just flip this switch. If the fuse carriers, you need to prise the fuse carrier off (this may be a little stiff). Whoever installed the unit should have labelled the circuits so you should be looking for one labelled "ground floor sockets" or similar (this should be a 30A one I think). When you get the fuse carrier out, you should see a fuse cartridge in it - you need to get this replaced, so take it to any decent DIY shop who should be able to help. It may be worth getting a few assorted values while there in case you have this problem again.