PDA

View Full Version : Youview or stay with Sky

dorrick
17-04-2013, 05:18 PM
Currently with Sky but getting fed up paying silly money .

Is Youview any good as I'm with Talktalk and can get the unit for free .

Baglady
17-04-2013, 07:22 PM
I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has this as I haven't yet seen a point to it...

It doesn't seem to provide any content that you can't already get on Freesat combined with Iplayer/itvplayer or 4OD. I suspect I may be missing something.

I certainly can't see it as a replacement for a Sky sub as you can get all the FTA channels already with freesat and it doesn't seem to provide any other channels.

dx100-uk
18-04-2013, 02:14 AM
correct same as btvisionwaste of moneyget a pc and the free software that does it for you.

Gazer
18-04-2013, 09:02 AM
Currently with Sky but getting fed up paying silly money .

Is Youview any good as I'm with Talktalk and can get the unit for free .

As you say you can get the box for free ........ it will not replace sky at the moment as there is no way of recording any of the sky channels that you can buy from talktalk which start from ?5 per month.

But the deal I did get with talktalk was ?25 per month for unlimited broadband 24/7 phone calls which the mrs use, and line rental with a free box and new wireless router plus ?50 voucher

Which worked out cheaper then I was paying before by around ?7.50 a month :)

alanjg007
18-04-2013, 09:55 AM
I think we will be going the talk talk route, helluva lot cheaper than the rest.

I juust dont understand companies who don't look after their existing customers. They give new or returning customers superb deals but exisitng customers get shafted.

Wullie Norman
28-04-2013, 01:03 AM
id stay with sky or virgin i had youview and you end up spending silly money for the subs any way only good thing that comes with the youview box is the 320gb harddrive inside the box :D

discocampbell
27-10-2014, 01:22 AM
I would stick with Sky too - one of my mate's up in Inverness tried to watch an HD film with me on their PPV box office service - kept buffering every five minutes, so we gave up on it :(

marshmarlow
27-10-2014, 07:54 AM
Have you considered freesat (on its own or from sky) then get now tv for sky one when stuff is on?

dill_08
27-03-2015, 01:39 AM
I've gone with BT with the youview box and much prefer it to sky, but if you're not interested in the broadband or BT sport there are better alternatives

thelostone
27-03-2015, 11:17 AM
I have a youview box and tbh I find more than enough stuff to watch, since this thread was first posted there have been new channels added and yes you do have to pay for some of it. But being as most of the stuff on tv to me at least seems to be repeated then why pay for it ? I brought a humax 500gb from flea bay and I think it is well worth it. One thing I have noticed is the retail boxes get any updates quicker than the others ie bt and talktalk

CaptSlow91
02-06-2015, 02:20 AM
I'd personally recommend you go for the Youview Box myself, regardless of provider you will get a decent piece of Kit and ample Programmes to record, also access to Catchup TV and Online Video Providers such as Netflix etc