PDA

View Full Version : smart cards for tw / ntl

maxbadger
15-08-2006, 08:14 PM
Hi peeps,

heh, ok, newbie question:
I need a recommendation on exactly which smart card flavor one should be playing with for UK cable. I'm guessing TW / NTL requirements are the same?

So - Opus, Funcard etc, which is it to be?

(Really sorry if this is covered elsewhere on the forums!)

Ta in advance :)

DessertDog
15-08-2006, 08:20 PM
many times m8 but i would say a rom 11 personally but its down to most things its what is best for you.

watto_uk
16-08-2006, 08:06 AM
Hi peeps,
heh, ok, newbie question:
I need a recommendation on exactly which smart card flavor one should be playing with for UK cable. I'm guessing TW / NTL requirements are the same?
So - Opus, Funcard etc, which is it to be?
(Really sorry if this is covered elsewhere on the forums!)
Ta in advance :)

Doesn't really matter what you use. They are basically the same, but a MOSC would be a better choice if you can get hold of one. I currantly have a Tit1 and an OPOS 1.04 clone. (as when the keyroll method changes, one seems to get fixed before the other)

bammy
16-08-2006, 09:22 AM
Doesn't really matter what you use. They are basically the same, but a MOSC would be a better choice if you can get hold of one. I currantly have a Tit1 and an OPOS 1.04 clone. (as when the keyroll method changes, one seems to get fixed before the other)
Get a ROM11 card - you can get them new for aound £5 on ebay and they do't need 'fixing' when the keyroll method changes - they just keep on working (at least they have so far)!

maxbadger
16-08-2006, 09:27 AM

Thanks watto, appreciated.
So is it fair to say the funcard series are no good for keyroll methods?
I'm getting interested in correlating the 'innards between cards. Seems they all contain AVR uC's but with varying amounts of memory.

watto_uk
16-08-2006, 07:30 PM
Get a ROM11 card - you can get them new for aound £5 on ebay and they do't need 'fixing' when the keyroll method changes - they just keep on working (at least they have so far)!

Cool. I didn't know that. I'll have to try one myself I think. Time to get reading the tuts again.

carvegio
16-08-2006, 07:33 PM
If you get a rom card and it is unlocked isnt there a problem when you try to pair it to the box.

Or, is there a way around this now?

According to novice angel guide, it says don't even bother basically getting an unpaired card?

Thanks