PDA

View Full Version : solar powered lighting

notanotherone
12-02-2013, 06:10 PM
looking for a really good solar powered security light also a good solar powered garage/hut light

**OVERRIDE**
12-02-2013, 10:36 PM
Ebay mate....

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-10-LED-SOLAR-POWERED-RECHARGEABLE-GARDEN-SHED-GARAGE-STABLE-LIGHT-TWIN-PACK-/230881121939?pt=UK_Garden_Lighting&hash=item35c1965693

cactikid
14-03-2013, 12:01 AM
bloody typical wont post to ireland lol,are they bright as i was looking to replace one that uses a 300w halogen,dam wild weather last few days dam light on/off/on they did not have any wired up,interested in the evo56 model

didsss
14-03-2013, 11:22 AM
bloody typical wont post to ireland lol,are they bright as i was looking to replace one that uses a 300w halogen,dam wild weather last few days dam light on/off/on they did not have any wired up,interested in the evo56 model

I use this site to import from China not had any issues as yet....
https://www.eachbuyer.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=R7&cat=

billy149uk
14-03-2013, 12:02 PM
The only thing you need to watch if buying from abroad,you can get caught for import VAT.I done decking out back of house and got solar light from America,cost me ?60 to get parcel from Royal Mail.Most parcels are checked and if a VAT fee is due the Royal Mail pay it.If you don't pay them the cost of the VAT + ?8 handling fee they keep your parcel.

BenGordon
23-06-2013, 07:24 PM
looking for a really good solar powered security light also a good solar powered garage/hut light

Have you got lights you were searching for? Even I am searching for very efficient and less power consuming solar security lights..If you can help it would be great..

notanotherone
25-06-2013, 07:23 AM
no never found anything
Have you got lights you were searching for? Even I am searching for very efficient and less power consuming solar security lights..If you can help it would be great..

no mate never found anything that would suit my purpose ,i eventualy bought a trailing light from screwfix and now run an extention cable from house to hut

dorrick
16-09-2013, 04:09 PM
Having read all the post's I would suggest that you consider LED security lights , The problems with Solar lighting is the lack of daylight in the UK during the winter months.

Led have a low running cost and provide all light you could need but with a low running cost . If the high cost of purchasing LED puts you off
then try CFL ( Compact Florescent Lamps) these can be purchased with a fitting or replacement lamps are available to fit standard 150 & 500 W tungsten floodlights