PDA

View Full Version : Is this possible?

djdoddy00
15-08-2006, 01:20 AM
For test purposes I wanted to plug my box into my cable feed. I havnt had an active subscription for over a year now, but for testing purposes I was wondering whether I could test the box without TeleW getting onto it? Also if you have a subbed box can you just swap for a modded box or is it advisable to keep the subbed box hooked up so that you go un-noticed?
Cheers.

Declan
15-08-2006, 02:17 AM
it is possible to get a signal when being cut off but about telewest or ntl knowing about it im not sure, if it is a foreign box it should not

replicamaker
15-08-2006, 03:05 AM
if u cut talkback no way they know u switched box on but be carefull messing with a box they know u have, also i had a subbed box collecting dust in a cupboard for last 2 year or so still paying for basic package i never been questioned about anything. I had to get an engineer out last week for a modem prob so i wiped away the dust and plugged it in as i knew he would check signal strength it took updates and served a purpose now it back collecting new dust.

abytaz786
15-08-2006, 08:49 PM
Erm even if you have talkback cut, they still no that there suddenly is an "unknown device" trying to communicate to the network. The question is can they trace you ?

Probably but me think they have bigger fish to fry

bammy
15-08-2006, 10:09 PM
Erm even if you have talkback cut, they still no that there suddenly is an "unknown device" trying to communicate to the network. The question is can they trace you ?
Probably but me think they have bigger fish to fry
Er, no there isn't suddenly is an "unknown device" trying to communicate to the network - that's the whole point of cutting talkback!

Jamiey2k
16-08-2006, 12:24 AM
I do believe if they do some how trace your box the nearest they can locate it is to the cluster that feeds your street, also they have a special team now that have hand held device which can tell if you have there services at your house, they are also checking most clusters and disconnecting the CATV cables for each house if they not subscribe to any BB or TV services hope this helps.

djdoddy00
16-08-2006, 03:26 AM
Thanks for the info, I havnt hooked the box up yet. Havnt cut talkback on it

IAmATeaf
16-08-2006, 12:31 PM
cut the talkback using the tuts her and hook the box up to the feed, then within the eng menu check the signal strength to see if your feed is still connected.