PDA

View Full Version : Sky dish alignment

aly2026
16-11-2012, 07:03 PM
Hi I've had a look round the site but don't seem to be able to find the info I need ( or more to the point can understand lol ) I have a sky dish which was put up over a year ago it's been redundant from a week after I had Sky installed as I had nothing but trouble from them so cancelled my contract with them, although they came and took the box they left me with the dish, just recently I have decided to set up an old sky+ box in another room in my bungalow but I'm not getting a signal from my dish, I've had a friend test the cable for me which is fine, I bought a new lnb thinking it could have been bad but I'm still not getting a signal, I don't have a satellite finder but have tried using my iphone to align the dish, still nothing, I've googled the co ordinates and tried but as I live on my own I have to keep shinning up and down my step ladder to try all the different settings, anybody living in the Fareham area got any tips or a meter please

Ureyesonly
16-11-2012, 07:29 PM
Use this site, put in your full address & post code and 28.2 in the other option, hit GO then check the elevation of the dish and look around at your neighbours dishes to see which direction, job done

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. PS. if your looking a good cheap HD satellite box check this link, lol

http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?48680-Eaglebox-HD-Mini-%C2%A345&goto=newpost

aly2026
16-11-2012, 08:46 PM
Hi thanks for the reply I've put my postcode in and it's given me a completely new set of numbers to work with I thought I had to stick with the Astra sat but this has given me the 91WGalaxy17 have to give it a go tomorrow see what happens, thanks again for the reply I'll put a catch up on here after I've had another attempt

Ureyesonly
16-11-2012, 10:01 PM
PM me your address & post code and I'll reply with what you need from it

fergalsworld
16-11-2012, 10:16 PM
Hi thanks for the reply I've put my postcode in and it's given me a completely new set of numbers to work with I thought I had to stick with the Astra sat but this has given me the 91WGalaxy17 have to give it a go tomorrow see what happens, thanks again for the reply I'll put a catch up on here after I've had another attempt
Use the drop down arrow on the right of the 91WGalaxy17 and choose 28.2E astra

aly2026
16-11-2012, 10:57 PM
Thanks for the quick reply again will do

Ureyesonly
16-11-2012, 11:40 PM
details sent via PM

ninraj
11-03-2013, 06:54 PM
if ur still having problems maplin sell a finder for around ?10. i had and issue with my sky box everytime i had to take out fr cable and reinset. i power