PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic Viera and Sky Go

caledonian_1
14-11-2012, 02:18 AM
My first post so lets hope I have it in the right place.:tumble: Have taken delivery today of the above mentioned TV and have run into a problem already so I am looking for some help.
I did have my laptop connected up to my previous tv and was logged into SKy Go through my browser.
Bought the viera knowing that there wasn't a pc connection on it but thought I would just be able to load Sky Go up on the tv's own browser.
I can get logged in okay but to view the picture it requires an upgrade to silverlight which it seems unable to do as it just keeps coming up with a message unable to open the page.
Needless to say I am disappointed at not being able to view my sky channels on my new tv and was wondering if there was any way around this problem or do I just have to bite the bullet and watch sky on my laptop

thelostone
14-11-2012, 09:14 AM
If all else fails can you not watch it through your tv via an hdmi cable from your laptop assuming that your laptop has an hdmi out.Sorry i can not be more helpful as i do not have sky.I have moved your post to the technology forum i think you will get more replies

caledonian_1
15-11-2012, 12:36 AM
If all else fails can you not watch it through your tv via an hdmi cable from your laptop assuming that your laptop has an hdmi out.Sorry i can not be more helpful as i do not have sky.I have moved your post to the technology forum i think you will get more replies

Thanks for the suggestion anyway but sure enough the laptop has an RGB connection for connecting to a tv and not and HDMI output

thelostone
15-11-2012, 09:14 AM
what is the model of your panasonic

caledonian_1
16-11-2012, 02:44 PM
It is the TX-P42UT50B