PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Solo GENUINE PSU needed

tinkertiler
08-11-2012, 08:16 PM
Im after a VU+ Solo PSU if anyone knows where to get one from or if anyone knows what pops on them when they go lol Mine died and want to get it fixed as this EagleBox HD Mini ive got at the m is driving me nuts!! Going to order a VU+ Uno tomrrow but would like to get the Solo fixed for my bedroom if at all possible.

Ive looked on google for hours and found nothing apart from Clone PSUs and im not sure if they will fit or not but then againim not prepaired to take the risk!

If anyone could help it would be greatfully received :)

fergalsworld
09-11-2012, 01:00 AM
Check to see if any of the capacitors are swollen, plus have a word with our sat sponsor he might be able to help you get one if its not repairable.

tinkertiler
09-11-2012, 08:48 AM
Checked it all for anything blown and nothing obvious. Im going to ask my mate who repairs TVs if he can have a look at it to see what happens but in the mean time im ordering a VU+ Uno lol If i can get this fixed will have it in the bedroom :)

tinkertiler
27-11-2012, 07:37 PM
Got it fixed im well happy :) A switching diode was the problem ive now got a VU Solo in the beadroon instead of that annoying EagleBox mini lol

fergalsworld
27-11-2012, 11:50 PM
Got it fixed im well happy :) A switching diode was the problem ive now got a VU Solo in the beadroon instead of that annoying EagleBox
mini lol

Any chance of a pic mate with the diode hi-lited as it might come in handy.

tinkertiler
29-11-2012, 07:01 PM
i didnt fix it someone else did who knew how to test it all lol there are about 5 on the board if i remember correctly

fergalsworld
29-11-2012, 07:51 PM
i didnt fix it someone else did who knew how to test it all lol there are about 5 on the board if i remember correctly
Can you find out which one it was then the next time you see him.

tinkertiler
30-11-2012, 03:04 AM
I will when i see him but he is one of them that yo can never find him when you want him then he pops up unexpentantly lol