PDA

View Full Version : Should Craig Be Levein?

dazdcfc
17-10-2012, 10:49 AM
Should Craig Be Levein? lol after the past few games do yous think he should leave the Scotland job now?
also who do yous think should get the job?

I think Gordon Strachan should get it he can get the best out of the players

alanjg007
17-10-2012, 12:35 PM
i dont think just craig levein should shoulder all the blame, the players ability then the general public's attitude to sport is the problem.

When i say the general publics attitude to sport i mean we allow out kids to play footbal on a console rather than playing it for real! Where as you have italian/spanish kids who dont have consoles and all they do is play football! (they also have better weather than we have too!)

dazdcfc
17-10-2012, 12:59 PM
you are right there alan but levein doesnt seem to be getting the best work rate out of the current squad.

wee strach could motivate the players to play for the team.

john0745
17-10-2012, 02:56 PM
Any manager that plays 1 striker up front at home (the first two games of a WCQ) against the two weakest teams shouldnt be a manager never mind the Scotland manager,,,so yes,, he "should" be shown the door.

Souness or strachen for the job. id be happy with either one.

notanotherone
17-10-2012, 08:09 PM
hes an idiot bin him get some one who knows what they are doing

zathras2260
28-10-2012, 12:31 AM
I was reading that the SFA can't afford to sack him as he's just signed a new contract. Its a difficult one. I think ever since he played 4-6-0 formation against the Czechs, the writings been on the wall...

SevcoZombies
28-10-2012, 04:24 AM
The quality is not there as we're not producing anymore due to lazy kids & all those consoles as stated above so no manager will succeed.

ram20
28-10-2012, 04:37 AM
i still think there are fanatstic players currently in the 1st team aswell some talented players to come in the future, levein's problem is that he instills negative tactics wihtin the teams he fields, especially against weakend opposition. though alex mcleish was rubbish at aston villa i reckon he would be able to bring out the best in players for scotland also they did play some great attacking football under his managing/coaching tenure.

scott1234
07-11-2012, 01:19 AM
Levein's tactics were far too negative for Scotland. He seemed to think a draw in every game was a good result no matter who the opposition was. Now that he has gone hope somebody more positive comes in. Strachan maybe, McLeish doesn't seem to want it, Owen Coyle maybe, Malky Mackay at Cardiff is another good one.