PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Live Profile - changing from US to UK

Anonemus
22-09-2012, 11:46 PM
Hi all,

When I created my xbox live account a few years ago I somehow managed to set it up as a US account (despite living in the UK). It's not too much of a bother but sometimes is frustrating when I have to buy US MS Points codes if I want to add any credit to my account or renew my subscription. Apparently it's impossible to change your account's location? Can anyone confirm this, and if it isn't true, does anyone know how to change my account to UK?

Thanks, any help would be appreciated.

A

omgmonkeys
17-10-2012, 11:45 PM
Once you create an account your pretty much stuck with the hardcore details.
You could do a few things though:
1. go to your account details either through hotmail or xbox.com and change to uk
2. phone customer support and ask them to change your details.

keep it, as you get better content anyway from us store.. (netflix)

tinkertiler
18-10-2012, 08:12 AM
Yep, it’s true. If you move, you will now be able to migrate your Xbox Live account, but it might not be all that simple to do.

Saying that migrating your Xbox Live account might not be simple to do is an understatement. After reading the conditions of migration, it actually sounds like a pain in the ass.

The migration announcement came via a post on the official Xbox forums. As it stood before, if you moved to a new region you would still have to connect to your old region. So, let’s say you moved to the U.S., but started your Xbox Live account in Canada. You would have had to continue connecting to the Canadian service, but not any longer. You can migrate your account to your new region.

Here are the conditions of migration, according to the Xbox forum post:

it could take up to six weeks to complete, and your account will be unavailable during that time.
some items you used in your original region may not be available where you migrate to.
current subscriptions, not including Xbox Live Gold, will be cancelled.
you may not be able to re-download some or all of the content in your download history.
your new location’s geofencing rules will apply to any content you download after the migration is complete.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. I knew i had seen it somewhere lol

Collider
18-10-2012, 08:59 PM
Phoning may make it quicker,not sure though ...

For contact UK Xbox 360 support use 0844 545 81 43

Open Times
Monday to Friday – 9:00am to 10:00pm
Saturday – 9:00am to 8:00pm
Sunday – 9:00am to 5:00pm

Anonemus
24-11-2012, 12:06 AM
Thanks for the input all. Appreciate it.

To be honest, as annoying as it is being assigned to the wrong country, I've not had any problems so far. The only thing was when I first renewed my subscription, I had to enter U.S. zip code, so forever more, Microsoft think I live at the white house!

ilovenzb
24-11-2012, 04:34 AM
Thanks for the input all. Appreciate it.

To be honest, as annoying as it is being assigned to the wrong country, I've not had any problems so far. The only thing was when I first renewed my subscription, I had to enter U.S. zip code, so forever more, Microsoft think I live at the white house!

WrestleFest the game

can you download this http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/WrestleFest/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8025841123d ?