PDA

View Full Version : have wii chipped

notanotherone
10-09-2012, 07:47 PM
ok ive got a chipped wii one from when they first came out and everyone was doing it in fact it was a guy on another forum who did it ,is there a way where i can do away with the chip and still play (cough) games ? i read somewhere if you do this and do that it can be done but cant remember where lol reason being my granddaughter still plays it but im finding some of the games refuse to play now proberley cause ive not kept it up to date

DessertDog
10-09-2012, 08:30 PM
Im sure it can be done through software but how good it is is another thing why not re-chip it mine still runs ok and its a few years old well its not mine its the grand childrens but its kept here lol

alanjg007
10-09-2012, 09:07 PM
most chips should be able to be flashed with new firmware. All depends on what chip it is

Oh and the chip i put in the wii is still in it, then i softmodded it....never came to any harm

acev
12-09-2012, 02:14 PM
No need for chip anymore just slap on an externel usb drive with all your favourite backup games on it and run softmod on your wii you access your usb drive and you can play all your games straight from ext usb drive

thelostone
12-09-2012, 05:32 PM
My son uses a ext hdd to play his games on his and he keeps the softmod on that as well

notanotherone
12-09-2012, 07:08 PM
ok guys your saying this that and the next thing your talking to mr numpty here .............................how do i do what?

Collider
12-09-2012, 09:12 PM
Some info http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Bannerbomb,btw what was the modchip you installed?