PDA

View Full Version : Little help if possible

Pixiepoop
06-09-2012, 11:58 PM
Hi I was wondering if anyone had any advice they could give me. Basically I bought a tv with integrated free view but I can only seem to get half the channels, channel 5, itv etc will not show up or work I was wondering if anyone had any advice

Cheers guys

notanotherone
07-09-2012, 01:26 AM
ok first things first have you rescaned for your area?

Dominic Geraghty
12-09-2012, 07:53 PM
Are you using a fixed aerial or a portable one? It just sounds like the signal is poor, so that either your aerial positioning or something wrong with the connection. Check your connections. If it's still not good enough then you might need to get your aerial sorted by a professional or you can try buying a signal booster (check online).

huggybbear
13-09-2012, 03:02 PM
Hi you could try a software update or you might be able to do a manual scan.
It happened to me but it fixed itself for some reason.

miktractor
13-09-2012, 10:45 PM
Don't know why but at the minute my ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5 stations keep disappearing for days on end then reappearing again. According to the BBC website the new 4G network will cause interference to some Freeview channels so maybe its something to do with it. Homes within 2KM of a 4G station will lose channels apparently.

pipo
14-09-2012, 12:25 AM
I had this problem last week and rang bbc engineering, their reply was first to retune, but then they admitted in the Maidstone area work was being done to the transmitter at Bluebell Hill in kent which could reduce the signal strength for a couple of days....since Monday we have had no problems and so it could be temporary for you? good luck.