PDA

View Full Version : 4010 strange problems

foxybabe
14-08-2006, 08:29 AM
Hi its been long since ive looked at a 4010 my brother gave me his box so i can make him a card, problems im getting is i cant enter the eng menu to change pin, also i get some channels that are missing, what is strange is i tried another 4010 and get the same problem , am i missing something here i tried to use different prog for card but same , i wanted to lock certain channels so that kids dont see any idea's thnx.

laurzz
14-08-2006, 10:44 AM
hiya turn the box off and the hold the up n down arrows on the box the turn the box back on while hold them and a blue should come up then continue holding until it comes to a screen where the net id and stuff comes up and it should say ldar or soming along them,lines on the box.

foxybabe
14-08-2006, 02:09 PM
when i get to the blue screen is that the eng menu, if so its very different to how it use to look before, could i be able to make the adjustments on that blue screen.

thesparky
14-08-2006, 02:44 PM
foxy which area are you in ie nthell?
your pin is set in eng menu if its **** then its already set and if you pull the red jumper for a few seconds it will reset to 0000, have you tried going in to setting in nthell page and change it there if its asks for the old one then use 1234

foxybabe
14-08-2006, 03:34 PM
hi im in pure nthell area and i have taken the red jumper out when i try to lock channels it say its not activated contact custumer or something on those lines as for eng menu im getting just a blue screen with something on it, what ever happen to the old eng menu .

laurzz
14-08-2006, 07:58 PM
got into the eng menu hold and wait until you see ur frq and net id and you can activated ur pin i think it is the second page if the code has dash then you can change it if it has dots you need to use libby

diesel
15-08-2006, 11:19 AM
got into the eng menu hold and wait until you see ur frq and net id and you can activated ur pin i think it is the second page if the code has dash then you can change it if it has dots you need to use libby
no need to use libby just pull the red jumper for a few mins then hold up down keys to go into eng menu ! then change pin code

stonned2thebone
15-08-2006, 01:25 PM
hi im in pure nthell area and i have taken the red jumper out when i try to lock channels it say its not activated contact custumer or something on those lines as for eng menu im getting just a blue screen with something on it, what ever happen to the old eng menu .

you should not need to use libby or any other programme to do what you want
first pull red jumper then replace
now boot into eng menu
goto the page where the pin is set the pin now got to page 1 and set the freq for your area
now reboot
when it has booted up goto settings on the remote and lock what channels you wont to lock