PDA

View Full Version : Jack McConnell comments

hibsbollah
26-05-2006, 08:33 AM
There is a lot pundits having a go at our First Minister Jack McConnell for not supporting England in the world cup' And as far as I’m concerned he has my 100% backing on this issue why should he be supporting England when he is Scottish ? for years we have had to put up with the '1966 they think its all over nonsense' a survey done 5 weeks ago said that over 88% of Scots will not be supporting England in the world cup. I posted BBC Guidelines on the world cup a few days ago and to prove my point' the first game of this years tournament is between Germany and Costa Rica and I bet you within 5 minutes of kick 1966 and England will be mentioned and when there’s a free kick taken Beckham will be mentioned and they ask why Scotland don’t back England at anything. What about Ireland and Wales will they be backing England in the world cup and just encase some of my English friends give me some stick over my comments I have on record backed England to reach the last four of the tournament but I don’t think they’ll win it well I hope not.

Up here in Scotland we have an official’ we support whoever England are playing fan club.

No personnel attacks please this is a prime example were politics and sport don’t go together.