PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help

sassy
13-08-2006, 07:03 PM
:please: Hi folks,
My new laptop arrives tomorrow. I would like to know if it is possible to make a complete system CD. I don’t know what you call it (not to good with pc’s) l would like to make a CD with all the stuff on it, so if at a later date l want to format the pc, l can just put a CD in that would take it back to the factory settings. I don’t even know whether this is possible. If it is l know you guys will tell me how.
The laptop l am getting says that it has preloaded software and that’s it.
Any help would be great.
Cheers

berley
13-08-2006, 07:31 PM
you should get a system restore cd with the lappy - the pre loaded software will also be on the cd

howard
13-08-2006, 07:34 PM
norton ghost will od the job

sassy
13-08-2006, 08:38 PM
Hi Howard and Berley for your replys. Perhaps it will come with a sytem restore CD. l do have norton Ghost l think. Never knew what it was for.
Thanks for the replys guys

Declan
13-08-2006, 08:51 PM
if it is a new laptop you should have a restore option where it will basicaly put it back to when you first got it, if not there should be a piece of software to alert you to do this

sassy
13-08-2006, 09:02 PM
Thanks Declan, perhaps l am worrying for nothing. lt's just when l bought my desktop everything came with on several disc including my windows xp disc. The laptop said that all software loaded so l assumed there would be no discs. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Gazer
13-08-2006, 10:41 PM
99% of laptops comes with a restore disk these days, so you should be ok.

Regards Gazer

Declan
14-08-2006, 12:36 AM
advent 7086 came with software, to reinstall xp or format i restart and press f10, no need for disk

maikash2747
14-08-2006, 04:32 AM
i use acronis true image for the same purpose its better than norton ghost coz it only takes 5-7 minutes to create an image which means u can backup ur puter whenever u want, try it u wont be disappointed

cheers

sassy
14-08-2006, 11:09 AM
Thank you to everyone in answering my questions. Laptop arrived this morning with a reinstall disc, so l was worring about nothing. lt also came with Norton Ghost installed, but l am going to check out the software that Declan suggested.

Thanks again for the help