PDA

View Full Version : Maintain drivers whilst upgrading windows

nguy
19-07-2012, 02:38 PM
Can anyone offer any advice - HELP. I was extremely lucky to purchase a Samsung laptop from Dixons online with a ?100 saving bringing it down to ?233. It came with Samsungs version of Windows 7 Home Premium. I wanted to upgrade it to Ulimate, so bought the disk and did a fresh install. However, the wireless LAN driver from Samsung website does not work. Ive used the their recovery software which restores all the drivers but only with Home Premium. Is there any way to upgrade to Ulimate and keep the orginal drivers?

thelostone
19-07-2012, 03:05 PM
can you not get them from the samsung web site?
http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/download/supportDownloadMain.do

Mike_the_monk
19-07-2012, 05:28 PM
Have you got the laptop Model?

dave_moore
19-07-2012, 11:06 PM
do a driver back up to a cd/dvd or pen drive then load up your ultimate and then put your drives back.

on a side note your not mixing up 32 bit drivers and 64 bit are you as its the only way the drivers from the web site wont work.

In Windows 7 all the drivers are in a few subfolders located in the system folder %SystemRoot%\System32\. Two standard protected subfolders are called “DriverStore” and “drivers”. Often there is also a third subfolder “DrvStore”. These folders can be copied to some external media for safekeeping.
In addition, you should back up the folder %systemroot%\inf\. This folder contains the driver setup information files. This folder is sometimes overlooked but drivers cannot be installed without the information it contains.

or you can use To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. its free and easy good look m8.:)

dx100-uk
20-07-2012, 01:18 AM
did you give win7 an ethernet connection during installation?

win7 will go find drivers it needs during install.

if not it will do it after all the win7 updates have been installed

dx

dx

alanjg007
20-07-2012, 08:12 AM
i use a program called 'driver genius professional' great little program that find all the missing drivers. Its never missed one yet.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. think you can get a free trial

berley
20-07-2012, 11:23 AM
i use a program called 'driver genius professional' great little program that find all the missing drivers. Its never missed one yet.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. think you can get a free trial

be better if you can find a free key ;)

nguy
21-07-2012, 04:58 PM
can you not get them from the samsung web site?
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Thanks thelostone. This is where I got them from but nonetheless it didn't work.

nguy
21-07-2012, 05:01 PM
Have you got the laptop Model?

The laptop model is NP-300E5A A01DX. Cheers

alanjg007
21-07-2012, 07:06 PM
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. just incase you needed it