PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any good sky offers

alanjg007
16-07-2012, 11:45 AM
Well. I'm paying 70 quid a month for crap all on tv on Vermin - Dont even have the movie channels or sports. They put the prices up and it makes me angry that NEW customers are getting loads for much less. If this is how they want to treat a long standing customer will move to sky for a year and virgin will offer me a better deal later!

So i'm looking for a deal for about ?50 quid a month less if possible.

Not sure i want sky broadband as a mate up the road has been given only 4mb and have 20mb now
Gotta have talk unlimited phone(have a vermin phone so know a install fee will apply)
sports channels NOT required
movie channels would be a plus but not 100% needed.

Ureyesonly
16-07-2012, 12:07 PM
Best option is dump it & get on a good sly server ?10 month lol

DessertDog
16-07-2012, 02:20 PM
If you hagle with either sky or cable nearly always get a good deal phone up cable tell em you want disconnection dept then tell em price is to high

John Terry
16-07-2012, 04:10 PM
So, what's one of these sly servers?
Thanks

DessertDog
16-07-2012, 06:33 PM
This subject cannot be discussed on here m8 sorry google is your friend.

So, what's one of these sly servers?
Thanks

berley
16-07-2012, 09:03 PM
@ john google card sharing, also you'll find a good selection of Sat boxes on the sponsor page

alanjg007
16-07-2012, 10:01 PM
Getting back on topic. Just phoning them up and bartering is the only way?

berley
16-07-2012, 10:16 PM
I know years ago when I phoned up to cancel they offered me my package at half price for a year for being such a loyal customer.

You could also cancel and take it out in someone else's name, wife, partner and wait until sky offer a half price deals for a year.

Collider
09-08-2012, 02:50 PM
http://www.quidco.com/sky-digital-tv-and-broadband/

shawlynot
07-09-2012, 05:39 PM
Im in need of a good deal too. I've Cancelled sky because they wouldn't give me a new box! plus don't live in a cable area :/

Ryan Smith
19-09-2012, 01:37 AM
you can usually get good deals through that quidco site

shabbaranks
19-09-2012, 08:30 PM
Check the money saving expert website - codes will be released tomorrow which entitles you to half price sky with a free install for 12 months. As I understand it this is the second time they have done this so I would imagine it wont be the last.... Maybe Sly are starting to get concerned with customer numbers - ?60 for a load of repeats is tosh if you ask me. Its only worth getting for sport - and thats over rated.

dufcuk
28-09-2012, 03:45 PM
I was paying approx ?65 for HD with sports but no multi room or movies etc. Called them up and asked to cancel and they said fine !!

So, cancellation done, I got pelters from the Mrs re not having a planner etc, this went on for two weeks and I got a welcome back offer of 75% off for 12 months and ?50 credit on my account. 10 minutes later Sky was back on!

If you can suffer the grief of no sky for a few weeks its a good offer.

quibb
30-09-2012, 12:35 AM
i agree with what dufcuk is saying. phone and cancel and if they cancel let them. within couple of weeks u will receive mailshot asking you to come back.

also, heard best days to call is wednesday or thursday and they dont give deals on a weekend as they know most people cancel on a weekend

good luck
Q