PDA

View Full Version : Homemade DAB aerials?

Hot Damn
13-08-2006, 10:15 AM
I've got a mini-Hifi with built in DAB tuner and external aerial input. The included aerial gives a pretty crap reception, it just consists of a long T-shaped wire. I've seen several ebooks on Ebay purporting to give you instructions for a homemade DAB aerial that vastly improves reception. Has anyone ever given it a go??

The-Wappy-One
15-08-2006, 10:45 AM
Not tired but heard good things re this

Details form another Forum Credit goes to HMG for the links and details

Omnidirectional Aerial Construction Details (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Give it a try

and here are the lenghts for DAB

the Feed coax should be 50 Ohm, and get the aerial as high as possible. I am putting together a web page detailing construction of a DAB version of the Slim Jim. but to help here's the measurements

tube length 96cm
feed point distance 48mm
break point distance 310mm
gap length is 37mm

Hot Damn
17-08-2006, 11:13 PM
Not tired but heard good things re this
Details form another Forum Credit goes to HMG for the links and details
Omnidirectional Aerial Construction Details (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Give it a try
and here are the lenghts for DABCheers M8, thats my Sunday afternoon sorted. It will be amazing if my creation is able to significantly boost my DAB signal.