PDA

View Full Version : Windows explorer problems

the_hawk
12-08-2006, 08:01 PM
my windows explorer keeps crashing after about 15 min online ive tried reinstalling it and updating it but the problem remains. Can anyone help?

Treb
12-08-2006, 08:38 PM
try Firefox its a free download

djdoddy00
12-08-2006, 10:09 PM
Sounds like a blaster virus to me. Do a virus scan.

Shipoftheline
12-08-2006, 11:21 PM
try Firefox its a free download

He said explorer not internet explorer. Eitherway more info is needed lie OS

Haladini
13-08-2006, 04:17 PM
He said explorer not internet explorer. Eitherway more info is needed lie OS

Uhuh, he did refer to explorer not internet explorer, but he said it crashed after 15 minutes online and that he had tried uninstall and reinstall- causing one to infer he meant internet explorer.

@ the_hawk : please clarify and post some more info. But most likely you have an infection, please ensure your anti-virus, firewall and anti-spyware are up-to-date.

maxwel1
19-08-2006, 01:22 PM
No not try to reinstall window explore you cause more problem
Firefox is good alternative or wait for version 7 to properly working
Or delete and reinstall the operating system
If want to keep what you have got then just wait or use firefox download the version with out the Google option

s5hah
19-08-2006, 01:27 PM
Try some form of Spyware as well....download beta from Microsoft site...

callisto11
21-08-2006, 03:42 PM
Try some form of Spyware as well....download beta from Microsoft site...

I guess you mean Anti-spyware, unless of course you are a Linux lover or a Mac lover and are having a laugh..

You can get Microsoft AntiSpyware beta, which is now called Windows Defender from here :
Windows Defender home (http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx)

akrama
21-08-2006, 08:59 PM
run blaster virus utility from symantec website. If that fails then possibly re-install job.

gwapo
25-08-2006, 12:31 PM
What operating system? Any service packs installed? More info needed.

1430N3
28-08-2006, 09:00 AM
Run a Virus scan. Then run a Spyware scan, don't use this Microsoft ****

[removed by admin]The home of Spybot-S&D!removed link by admin

Personally I use both...

Then if you get "This program has encountered a problem and needs to close" window copy and paste the advanced info here (the stuff it sends to microsoft).

ikon
28-08-2006, 02:00 PM
Not to sure how good the defender spyware is from microsoft. But the most effective ones I know are Ad-aware and Spybot. They fixed similar problem that I had with internet explorer.

Install and run both. They search in a different manner from each other so one normally picks up whatever the other one misses.

Both are free.

h ttp://To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. SE Personal - Software - Lavasoft

h ttp://To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. home of Spybot-S&D

Let us know how you get on.

1430N3
28-08-2006, 08:17 PM
What? So his links don't get deleted but mine do.... They are the same o_O:gun:

little_pob
29-08-2006, 02:12 PM

'Hot links' to software sites are not allowed, as they are trackable back to WoD on their webstats. However, mods/admin don't have the time to check every post.

Free, legal downloads are not supposed to be hot linked to as they could be construde as an advertisment by the forum, rather than a recommendation by an idividual member. I'm not sure I agree with this as serch engines like google use links (amongst other things) to weigh up your ranking, but it was a mod/admin decision.

Therefore URLs to legit software should in [ quote] [ /quote] or [ code] [ /code] tags (without the spaces) so that they are not clickable. Illegal sites/links must not be posted in the open forum (keep it to PMs or IM services like MSN or AIM).

Bad posts can be reported with the 'bad post' button at to the top right of each post. Or PM the mod for the room to inform them of any problems you may have with a post.

ikon
29-08-2006, 04:55 PM

143ON3. Fair point.

When I originaly posted had had not seen your post. I was not aware about the rule with regards hot links either. However have edited my post to suit.

In this case I would have thought the links were useful and harmless but we need to follow the rules of the forum.

This site I have found to be good and fair. I have seen other sites where we would have been shot down in flames by a heavy handed mod for breaking the rules.