PDA

View Full Version : Use SIXAXIS ps3 pad on a PC GUIDE how to.

Spinifex
02-07-2012, 11:48 AM
Ok if like me you prefer using the ps3 pad on games then its easy to do and you have 2 options.

You can either buy a compatible blutooth adapter (more about that later) or you can simply connect your ps3 pad to the pc using the charger cable.

Method using USB charging/data cable:

1) Download and install Motionjoy HERE (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. 2) Launch the program icon on desktop its called ds3 tool
3) Connect ps3 pad to pc using data cable and turn controller on
4) Check in driver manager that it has loaded and will look similar to this USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001&REV_5276
5) Goto profiles and select xbox360 controller emulator (Xinput-default)
6) Now click Enable (pink button)
7) Now launch your game and you should have it working just like the xbox but using a ps3 pad. the reason
it uses a 360 emulator is because most games only have limited compatibility with controllers and microsoft 360 Emulation is one of them.

Method using a bluetooth adapter:

This method is for when you are happy with motionjoy and got used to how it all works :D

1) You need to purchase THIS (http://dx.com/p/ultra-mini-bluetooth-2-1-edr-usb-2-0-dongle-37665) bluetooth adapter that is EDR capable as that is what the ps3 pad uses (at the time of writing in GBP is ?3.85 delivered)
2) Wait around 7 days for it to arrive from hong kong so sit back and use your cable in the meantime!!
3) Once you have it plug it in and it will install itself on windows 7 32/64 automatically.
4) Launch motionjoy and goto Bluetooth Pair and attach your data cable to the pad , turn controller on and hit pair now. (you will only need to do this once!)
5) Go back to main page and hit the pink enable button and remove your data cable and you should be totally wireless :)

Simple.

Problems:

Q. I used it but now cannot get it to work in my game? A. Hit enable again in motionjoy
Q. I cant seem to play saboteur it works weird? A. launch your game before enabling! alt+tab once game has loaded then enable, controller will work normally.
Q. My problem isnt listed? A. head to their wiki HERE (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. and dont pester me!
Q. My controller doesnt vibrate? A. SIXAXIS doesnt have any motors in them thats why they are light? or didnt you realise lol Only Dualshock3 has vibrate
Q. Since i paired it with motionjoy it wont work on my ps3 anymore? A. look on the back of the controller top right of the sticker there is a tiny hole, shove a paperclip in that and it will reset it and now you can re-pair with the ps3 using the data cable!

Written by Spinifex.

Leo498
07-09-2012, 10:24 PM
Thanks for the guide, really helped alot.

DefenceDown
09-09-2012, 12:19 AM
Thanks for this mate. I've been wanting to use my PS3 controller with emulators for some time now.

dude777
17-09-2012, 11:43 PM
Great guide. Didn't think this would be possible! I'll give it a try now :)

Anonymous
03-01-2013, 12:14 AM
Thanks for the info buddy, this is something I've been looking into as I needed to use a controller for racing games and this info seems to be just what I needed.

Devondim
24-02-2013, 10:49 AM
Great guide thanks :-) you can also connect a xbox 360 controller in a similar fashion. I found the only real issue was having to map the controller to the appropriate keys before you launch your game. I will definitely try it with ps3 could trolleymind , thanks.

tatster
26-02-2013, 03:09 AM
Handy that you can do this with the bluetooth, might try this instead of 360 wired pad, thanks!

jheritage
26-02-2013, 12:24 PM
Also you can use PS3 remote on your android device. All you need is a usb to micro usb converter and use the usb cable you got with your remote. Then plug and play, tho key mapping depends on what app you are using.

tatster
26-02-2013, 09:02 PM
Also you can use PS3 remote on your android device. All you need is a usb to micro usb converter and use the usb cable you got with your remote. Then plug and play, tho key mapping depends on what app you are using.
I do this on my galaxy tab 2 using bluetooth, it's brilliant with the psx emulator.

farkus
21-06-2013, 01:15 AM
Instead of using DS3 Tool, you'd be better using Better DS3: http://betterds3.ciebiera.net/

DS3 Tool makes some strange calls home, and is laden with ads. Better DS3 uses the same motioninjoy drivers, just a different frontend.

Cheers