PDA

View Full Version : Apple airport extreme

Jokerman
30-06-2012, 03:25 AM
Hello, does anyone have advice on the apple airport extreme? I'd like to get one as I have all apple products and I like the idea of the time machine backup functionality, as well as the ability to add AirPlay components. What I'm not sure is how well these products work together as it is all quite expensive.

gizmo59
31-08-2012, 08:38 AM
I just use an Iomega 1tb Ext drive as a back-up. Works ok. Cheaper than buying airport extreme.

hotn
18-09-2012, 11:45 PM
I used to have an airport extreme and 3 airport expresses, they worked as expected and were really good for streaming music but I gave them up for a router that was a little more accessible ie through a web browser.

Jonzky
20-09-2012, 10:20 PM
I've used one for the last few years. The only complaint I could have about it is it seems to overheat/get hot very easily. Then again, I'm sure the model has changed since.

I did use it for a while for backups, got a time machine a few months later and haven't used it for backups since.

rhubarb
27-02-2013, 02:37 AM
Happy with the one I've been using for the past few years. Solid reliable bit of kit though expensive for what it is.