PDA

View Full Version : Help please on dreambox 500s

Intounknown
24-06-2012, 04:13 PM
Can anybody tell me wat the following error means "aborted by user, Exiting" I'm new to this n trying to install image on to box. Thanks n sorry that I'm light years behind.

wullboy
24-06-2012, 06:37 PM
If you have a desktop computer with a serial port, then use dream-up 1.3.2.1 v with a RS232 cable m8, works for me.......

Intounknown
25-06-2012, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the reply. I've got the suggested but don't think I hav the correct images. But unsure if that is the case. The rs232 is from old days could that be an issue?

fergalsworld
25-06-2012, 12:32 PM
You need to use a 9 pin null modem cable
what image you trying to flash on.

Intounknown
25-06-2012, 01:38 PM
Gemini image. Thinks its the version of dream up I'm using. Using 1.3.3.9 version n seems to be flashing will post how I get on either way thanks wullboy n fergalsworld for help so far

Ureyesonly
25-06-2012, 04:03 PM
Gemini image

Careful not to use a timebomb Gemini image, Also check it has the required cams init because Gemini no longer supply them on there servers.

wullboy
25-06-2012, 07:02 PM
Gemini image. Thinks its the version of dream up I'm using. Using 1.3.3.9 version n seems to be flashing will post how I get on either way thanks wullboy n fergalsworld for help so far

I believe you should not use a Gemini image in a clone box, as you could brick it....??

Ureyesonly
25-06-2012, 09:09 PM
I believe you should not use a Gemini image in a clone box, as you could brick it....??

Like I said above use a NoTimeBomb image & it be fine

Intounknown
25-06-2012, 11:06 PM
can you recommend one? the dream up 1.3.3.9 im using says a flash complete but leaves box frozen. what am i doing wrong?

Magnu420
25-06-2012, 11:35 PM
you can try an older version here >>> To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. edit: forgot to say keep away from gmini images i use pli jade
(http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?38999-DreamUP-Universal-v1-3-3-6)

Magnu420
26-06-2012, 12:09 AM
also you can use this what i use

thanks to the original poster

also how to aswell

How to use DreamUp;

1) First, connect your box to your Pc using a special serial cable at a free comport (usually com-poort 1).

2) Disconnect the dreambox

3) Start 'Dreamup'

4) Press connect

5) Plugin main powercord. You'll see the line ' ok uploading' appearing.

6) Press 'flash' and select the software to upload. First will appear 'Uploading' then 'Erasing' and then 'Flashing'. Finally 'finished'. The proces will take about 10 minutes.

7) Press 'OK'.

8) Close Dreamup and disconnect the main powercord, wait 30 seconds and connect first the coaxcable, then the AV cable and the the rest of the cables.

9) Connect now the main powercable.

10) Everything is set to factory default and your Dreambox is ready again.

Ureyesonly
26-06-2012, 12:18 AM
Wot is with peeps saying don't use gemini images? There safe enough to use

BraveHeart
26-06-2012, 12:30 AM
Wot is with peeps saying don't use gemini images? There safe enough to use

i can remember using the gemini on my old 500c back in the old days, and if i remember right it was the best image for me, but that was then, no idea now however.

plasterer
26-06-2012, 12:34 AM
As you say no bomb is good to go
But as the chap only has 4 posts Newbie advice to a more user freindly image may be best.....................Paul

wullboy
26-06-2012, 05:11 PM
I use dream-up version 1.3.2.1, and it work every time with clone DM500`s and i would recommend the commando image version 14.6

Spinifex
26-06-2012, 05:15 PM
i use an openbox its easier to update rather than pissing around with com ports all the time!

if i do need to com and unbrick i have many built machines with com port here lol

satsearching
26-06-2012, 09:48 PM
can you recommend one? the dream up 1.3.3.9 im using says a flash complete but leaves box frozen. what am i doing wrong?

Have you rebooted after the reflash?

Anyway, as for the "Time Bomb", this is how I see it.

Gemini used a new driver supplied by DM that caused the issues, it worked by the driver looking at the mac address of the box, if it saw a mac address that wasn't known by DM, then it screwed the bootloader (and, in some cases, displayed "Hasta La Vista, Baby" or something like that on the telly).

Problem was, a lot of clone boxes used mac addresses not registered as DM products, and in some cases, the same mac address used on loads of clone boxes.

Genuine DM boxes mac addresses start with 00-09-34-xx-xx-xx.

But most new clones now use registered DM mac addresses. To find out the mac address of your DM500, telnet to your box and issue...

cat /proc/bus/dreambox

Personally, my clone comes back with 00-09-34, this means "technically" Gemini would be OK, but I haven't tried.

If you do try to read your box mac address and it comes back with something strange, then click below to see whose mac address it should be.

Mac check ---> To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. You can stick 00-09-34 into that search to see what I mean.

As I say, this is how I see the timebomb works, but I could be wrong. Not sure if Gemini reverted back to the older driver without the bomb now, I personally don't use Gemini.

As for Dreamup, I have always used "DreamUP_1_3_2_1.exe" and never any problems.

SS

Intounknown
02-08-2012, 09:36 AM
Hello peeps I need help. Iv bricked me box using Gemini image so can any one point me in direction of pli jade image as iv been told its newbie friendly. Not sure what happened but box does not boot up but red lite still comes on! Plz help n thanks in advance for ur help.

notanotherone
02-08-2012, 07:12 PM
you need to get a null modem cable and reflash it using dreamup try to use another image rather than gemini there is a tut on how to use dreamup on here ,if you get into trouble ask away,youll find pli images here >>>>> http://openpli.org/

bob14
07-08-2012, 05:23 PM
hi

just a point I would flash erase with dream up a number of times before flashing an image

I read elsewhere if your dm 500 has been flashed say 5 times their may be bit left on the box from the other images

so if been flashed 5 times before flash erase 5 times before new flash

I do this if my dm locks up or freezes ( i usally flash the telnet way) but odd times I need to use dream up I allways flash erase several times first

hope this may help

Intounknown
14-08-2012, 12:48 PM
Ok thanks bob14 I'll try that. And thanks satsearching, notanotherone for info n links.