PDA

View Full Version : Samsung 5 series not picking up HD channels Tacolneston

Davx8
21-06-2012, 11:10 PM
Hi,

New Samsung LED series 5 T.V. friends problem is they cannot picking up any of the HD channels all on same MUX from Tacolneston ,other splitter output is fine with another t.v.
Could it be the T.V H.D. part is faulty ?

Cheers

thelostone
22-06-2012, 08:42 AM
could you try taking the splitter out and trying that way and /or doing a rescan

Diablo13
22-06-2012, 09:25 PM
If you still can't pick the HD stations up after the re scan without the splitter, then Samsung have a tech advice team you can contact, either by phone or online, who should sort it out for you.
It is most likely either the aerial itself or the connection to it, but if it works ok on another set then you could have a faulty tuner. As its a new tv you should get it checked out anyway because it will be free and will give you peace of mind.
My new 8 series smart tv even has a remote control option where Samsung can connect directly to sort out settings for you. I don't know if that works on the 5 series, but its a good idea from them which is worth checking out? :-?

Davx8
22-06-2012, 11:04 PM
Cheers ,for advice ,will contact Samsung . It has web access so as you say they could remote log on to the set . I will get them to swap around the ports on the splitter box in the loft see if the fault moves ,