PDA

View Full Version : Win7 why did I leave XP behind...

dislexic
18-06-2012, 05:11 PM
Does anyone have any good win7 tweek guides, Im looking at getting back into my gaming and really could do with finding out how to strip back this OS...
Ta,

alanjg007
18-06-2012, 06:40 PM
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. it would mean a clean install, but you could takeaway and add stuff to your hearts content!

After working diligently, I have decided to release some of my best work for you; so that you may enjoy Windows 7 with a new appreciation, like me. I sincerely hope that my efforts bring you just as much enjoyment, if not more than they have for me personally. What I am going to provide for you will enable you with the tools to help you create a LITE version of Windows 7. Installing a LITE version of Windows 7, will help you achieve a more COMPACT version of Windows that is still completely functional, remain very stable, perform more efficiently, cut your system's memory usage in half by tweaking services and greatly reduce the hard drive space being used.

This is done by removing packages and components that are built in to Windows 7, in addition to performing system service tweaks. If you DO NOT wish to alter the built in features, modify the functionality or the stability of your Windows 7 Operating System in any way, PLEASE STOP NOW and DO NOT CONTINUE any FURTHER!

By utilizing the attachments on this post you must be aware: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! NOONE on this forum will be held accountable for any data loss, errors or issues that you encounter. If you are concerned about losing data, my suggestion to you is to create an image using software such as Acronis True Image. Also, everything in this guide has to be done by you, the end user; a released image of a LITE install CANNOT be released due to legality. Software activation is also your OWN responsibility, and NOTHING included will activate ANY software.

If you use the materials attached and find that you are struggling or encounter errors, please reply to THIS post with your questions for assistance. My reference to THIS POST, is to eliminate the confusion of new posts on the board and it will also keep everything together for others to benefit the most from your questions as well as solutions that will all be contained within ONE location. Also, if you encounter an error, please refrain from posting an error log within the body field of your reply; instead attach your log. It is extremely frustrating for users when a lengthy error log is displayed within the text causing users to page through multiple pages to follow postings. It will also greatly reduce the time it takes for replies with a solution to be posted for you for this same reason. Feel free to summarize information about the error in your reply. I just ask that you PLEASE refrain from including the actual contents of any Error Logs or vLite Presets inside the reply and attach it to the post instead.

You will see that there are nine attachments included with THIS POST. It will be too difficult to go into great detail about each individual attachment, but I will do my best to provide you with an accurate summary for them. There are a total of six archives; two pdf formatted word documents and one excel spreadsheet in pdf format. The six archives are the compressed files needed to create an install image for a LITE version of Windows 7, for which I will list the contents below in more detail; including a summary of key features that are NOT being removed (components being KEPT). To reduce hard drive space further after installing Windows 7, you can disable the paging file; turn off hibernation support, as well as compress the entire hard disk (including the winsxs folder). There are three archives that are designed for the 32 bit processor architecture and three that are designed for the 64 bit processor architecture.

The two pdf formatted word documents are easy to follow with step by step instructions to help walk you through this enduring process. One is for 32 bit, the other is for 64 bit architecture, depending on which one you choose. An important note regarding architecture: 32 bit can ONLY create a 32 bit install; 64 bit has the capability to EITHER create a 32 or 64 bit. The excel spreadsheet in pdf format, 7packages.pdf; is conveniently color coded and lists all the packages in Windows.

The components being KEPT and NOT being removed are as follows:

7ELITE (32 & 64 BIT)

Accessories (Notepad, Paint, Wordpad)
Hardware Support (Printer Support, Windows Image Acquisition, WLAN Support)
Multimedia (Media & Photo Metadata Handlers, Aero Theme, Media Player & Codecs)
Network (DFS, File & Printer Sharing, Internet Explorer, LLTD, Network & Sharing Center, QoS, Firewall)
System (Component Cache (winsxs), MDAC, Microsoft HTML Engine, UAC, Picture & Fax Viewer)

7MEDIA (32 & 64 BIT)

Accessories (Character Map, Disk Cleanup, Notepad, Paint, Wordpad, Windows Sidebar & Gadgets)
Hardware Support (Infrared Support, Printer Support, TV Tuner Support, Windows Image Acquisition, WLAN Support)
Multimedia (Media Center, Media & Photo Metadata Handlers, Aero Theme, Media Player & Codecs)
Network (DFS, File & Printer Sharing, Internet Explorer, LLTD, Network & Sharing Center, QoS, Remote Desktop, Firewall)
System (Component Cache (winsxs), MDAC, Microsoft HTML Engine, SQM, UAC, Picture & Fax Viewer)

7XTREME (32 & 64 BIT)

Accessories (Notepad, Paint, Wordpad)
Hardware Support (Printer Support, Windows Image Acquisition, WLAN Support)
Multimedia (Media & Photo Metadata Handlers, Aero Theme)
Network (DFS, Network & Sharing Center, QoS, Firewall)
System (Component Cache (winsxs), MDAC, Microsoft HTML Engine, UAC, Picture & Fax Viewer)

FOR 7XTREME ONLY: When installing the LITE version of Windows 7 that you created, you will need to register the "ieproxy.dll" file when removing Internet Explorer. This needs to be done immediately after installing, when the computer boots to the desktop for the first time. The file "ieproxy.dll" is located in the Windows System32 folder. This can be done using Run or Command Prompt. Type the following: regsvr32 "C:\Windows\System32", then press ENTER. Then, a dialog box will appear saying that the file was registered successfully; then click and OK reboot your system. The reason this needs to be done is to prevent Windows Explorer or Computer, from opening multiple windows when you are browsing through the directories. It will also ensure that the feature; Safely Remove Hardware & Eject Media will continue to work, while also remaining enabled in the system tray.

A summary of the contents of each attached archive are as follows:

batch (folder containing all the batch scripts currently being used)
cleanup.bat (file that removes excess waste after using DISM and vLite)
commit.bat (commits changes to install.wim and unmounts the current image)
discard.bat (unmounts install.wim and discards changes made during the session)
mount.bat (mounts install.wim to the defined location inside the setupcfg.txt text file)
removal.bat (removes all user defined packages for the current edition within it, using DISM)
setupcfg.txt (points the scripts to the correct locations of the source, mount, and wtools folders)
source (folder, which will ultimately contain the entire contents of your Windows 7 DVD or Image)
wtools (folder, that contains install_wim_tweak.exe and also where you will be placing imagex.exe)

IMPORTANT NOTE: You MUST use the Automated Installation Kit for Windows Vista SP1. Do NOT use the Automated Installation Kit for Windows 7 RTM or you will encounter issues preventing successful completion.

Lastly, I hope these attachments are helpful for all of you who choose to utilize them. I hope the hard work and dedication that was put into this guide and tools make this process as easy as possible. If you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to reply to this post. I or another experienced user will be happy to assist you. Many thanks goes out to Jeronimo, Dead, & SausageHack because with out them this guide would not have been possible!

Direct Download (Hosted By DataNest (http://mydatanest.com))

7guide32.pdf (http://mydatanest.com/files/liquid0624/12437_iz6zi/7guide32.pdf)
7guide64.pdf (http://mydatanest.com/files/liquid0624/12436_syg90/7guide64.pdf)
7packages.pdf (http://mydatanest.com/files/liquid0624/12438_aoyam/7packages.pdf)

7elite32.rar (http://mydatanest.com/files/liquid0624/12430_61qdg/7elite32.rar)
7elite64.rar (http://mydatanest.com/files/liquid0624/12431_2lgea/7elite64.rar)
7media32.rar (http://mydatanest.com/files/liquid0624/12432_7abjq/7media32.rar)
7media64.rar (http://mydatanest.com/files/liquid0624/12433_fpnbz/7media64.rar)
7xtreme32.rar (http://mydatanest.com/files/liquid0624/12434_lsylu/7xtreme32.rar)
7xtreme64.rar (http://mydatanest.com/files/liquid0624/12435_0c9cq/7xtreme64.rar)

External Mirror (Hosted By MediaFire (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. 7guide32.pdf (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. 7guide64.pdf (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. 7packages.pdf (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. 7elite32.rar (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. 7elite64.rar (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. 7media32.rar (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. 7media64.rar (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. 7xtreme32.rar (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. 7xtreme64.rar (http://www.mediafire.com/file/ncahymjeomm/7xtreme64.rar)

alanjg007
18-06-2012, 06:45 PM
Or if you want to tweak an already installed win7

ntroduction To continue my fine tradition of optimizing MS’s latest OS, I have here my findings to date. If you are looking for Windows 7 Retail information (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. you are almost in the right spot.
Before adjusting your service settings, ensure that your system has already installed all updates by “checking now” for any available updates via Windows Update. At this time, it is best for you to ensure that all services are set to the default values before updating your system.
Breakdown of all changes to date: Windows 7 Information Changelog (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. I cannot possibly test all configurations extensively (meaning, each persons specific computer needs), but what I can offer is what “works for me” and the obstacles I have came across so you do not have to discover them on your own. If information on this page needs a revision or expanded, please check out the forums (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. An * (asterisk) indicates changes from the default
Two ** (asterisks) indicates you can add or remove this service by:

Head to Start
Select Control Panel
Select Programs
Select Programs and Features
Select Turn Windows Features on or off

Three *** (asterisks) indicates optional services installed with Windows Live Essentials (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/essentials-home).
Four **** (asterisks) indicates changes from Retail (SP0) (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. to Service Pack 1.
Notes for a Happier Computer and User

Do not use “msconfig” to disable services, type “services.msc” in the Run box instead or check this FAQ (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Before disabling any service, check out the service information (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. about each by selecting the service name links provided.
Service settings are global, meaning changes apply to all users.
All of these services are “Standard” with Windows 7 Service Pack 1 and installed by default, by Add/Remove Windows Features, or installed via Windows Live Essentials. If you discover a service that is not listed here, another application, driver or program installed them. A few of the more common ones are listed here (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. WLAN Autoconfig (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. service is required for normal operation of your wireless network card. It is listed here as Manual due to most desktops not needing wireless access, but if you do have a wireless network card installed, it will be in Automatic by default.
Still unsure? Put your setting to “Manual” or the listing under “Safe.” Manual allows Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to start the service when it needs to (or when ever it feels like it), but not at boot up. Depending on your configuration, not all services will start when required while in “Manual” mode. If you find you need a service, place it in Automatic.
After adjusting your service settings, reboot your computer.
Before posting your question on the forums (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. see if your question has been addressed in the FAQ (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Table Header Information

The columns are sortable. Select the column header to sort by that field.
DEFAULT ~ What MS thinks should be running on Windows 7 Service Pack 1.
“Safe” Configuration ~ This is the configuration that 95% of the people will be able to use with little or no side effects. It will also minimizes the amount of “errors” that is reported in the Event Viewer. This does not guarantee it will work for you, but if adjusting your services scares you, this configuration would be a good starting point.

19 service settings have been changed from the default annotated by an (*) asterisk.

“Tweaked” ~ This is the configuration that I have developed to reduce the “Safe” services started, but maintain system security. This does not guarantee it will work for you.

57 service settings have been changed from the default annotated by an (*) asterisk.
This configuration is a system that is still able to perform many LAN networking functions, such as file and print sharing, HomeGroup access and uses wireless networking (laptop) plus leaves several security related “features” like the Windows Defender (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Windows Firewall (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. and Windows Update (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. active.
This configuration is not for a Windows Media Center PC. In this case, use “Safe”.

“Bare-bones” ~ WARNING!! ~ This configuration disables many built in features of Windows 7 Service Pack 1 as well as several security features.

85 service settings have been changed from the default annotated by an (*) asterisk.
This configuration is not for a system that is directly connected to the internet as Windows Defender (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Windows Firewall (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. and Windows Update (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. are disabled!
This configuration is not for a laptop system as wireless networking (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. well as Defender and Firewall) are disabled and will not be able to counter attacks while roaming on some random wireless connection outside of the home.
This configuration is not for a system that internal network attacks are an issue. For example: Multiple PC’s with multiple family members and inexperienced users. For this situation, I highly recommend “Safe” to ensure network security and Windows Update compatibility.
This is not for a system that provides networked resources, such as printers, Media Center, and WMP library to other LAN connected computers.
Use this configuration at your own risk. It is only provided here as a reference for me to adjust my system setting. If you tweak your Windows 7 OS, use “Safe” unless you read and understand what you are doing.

Configuration Information

Automatic ~ With a service in this state, it will start at boot time. Some services, when no longer required, will also automatically stop when not needed. If you find you do not need a service, place it into Manual or Disabled.
Automatic (Delayed Start) ~ With a service in this state, it will start just after boot time. Some services, when no longer required, will also automatically stop when not needed. If you find you do not need a service, place it into Manual or Disabled.
Manual ~ Manual mode allows Windows to start a service when needed. However, very few services will start up when required in Manual mode. If you find you need a service, place it into Automatic.
Disabled ~ This setting will stop a service from starting, even if needed. Errors in the Event Viewer will show up complaining of that fact. Some services, while Disabled, will constantly complain. However, this situation is taken care of if placed in Manual. The service descriptions identifies those that should be in Manual vice Disabled.
“Started” ~ A service that either set to Manual or Automatic that is running by default at or shortly after boot time.
“Not Started” ~ A service set into Automatic that is not running by default at or shortly after boot time.
“Not Available” ~ A service that does not apply to the particular version.
“Uninstalled” ~ The ability to uninstall a service (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. that I recommend to be removed by using Add/Remove Windows Features.

Service Dependency Abbreviation Information

S ~ Windows 7 Starter
HB ~ Windows 7 Home Basic
HP ~ Windows 7 Home Premium
P ~ Windows 7 Professional
U ~ Windows 7 Ultimate
E ~ Windows 7 Enterprise

Service Default Registry Entries

These entries are exported directly from the registry of a default Windows 7 Service Pack 1 installation.
They are in the .reg file format (many entries are in hex notation), not as you would actually view the content via regedit.exe.
The particular location extracted is under: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\servic es\

Search:

Display Name
Service Name (Registry)
DEFAULT Starter
DEFAULT Home Basic
DEFAULT Home Premium
DEFAULT Professional
DEFAULT Ultimate
DEFAULT Enterprise
"Safe"
Tweaked
Bare-bones

ActiveX Installer (AxInstSV) (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. AxInstSV
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Disabled *
Disabled *

Adaptive Brightness (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. SensrSvc
Not Available
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Disabled *
Disabled *

Application Experience (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. AeLookupSvc
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual
Manual
Manual

Application Host Helper Service (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. AppHostSvc
Not Installed (Automatic, Started)
Not Installed
Not Installed
Not Installed

Application Identity (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. AppIDSvc
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual

Application Information (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Appinfo
Manual (Started)
Manual (Started)
Manual (Started)
Manual (Started)
Manual (Started)
Manual (Started)
Manual
Manual
Manual

Application Layer Gateway Service (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. ALG
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Disabled *
Disabled *

Application Management (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. AppMgmt
Not Available
Not Available
Not Available
Manual
Manual
Manual
Disabled *
Disabled *
Disabled *

ASP.NET State Service (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. aspnet_state
Not Available
Not Available
Not Installed (Manual)
Not Installed (Manual)
Not Installed (Manual)
Not Installed (Manual)
Not Installed
Not Installed
Not Installed

Background Intelligent Transfer Service (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. BITS
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Disabled *

Base Filtering Engine (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. BFE
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic
Automatic
Disabled *

BitLocker Drive Encryption Service (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. BDESVC
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Disabled *
Disabled *

Block Level Backup Engine Service (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. wbengine
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Disabled *

Bluetooth Support Service (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. bthserv
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Disabled *
Disabled *
Disabled *

BranchCache (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. PeerDistSvc
Not Available
Not Available
Not Available
Manual
Manual
Manual
Disabled *
Disabled *
Disabled *

Certificate Propagation (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. CertPropSvc
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Disabled *
Disabled *
Disabled *

Client for NFS (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. NfsClnt
Not Available
Not Available
Not Available
Not Available
Not Installed
Not Installed
Not Installed

CNG Key Isolation (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. KeyIso
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual
Manual
Disabled *

COM+ Event System (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. EventSystem
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic
Automatic
Automatic

COM+ System Application (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. COMSysApp
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual

Computer Browser (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Browser
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual
Manual
Manual

Credential Manager (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. VaultSvc
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Disabled *
Disabled *

Cryptographic Services (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. CryptSvc
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic
Automatic
Automatic

DCOM Server Process Launcher (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. DcomLaunch
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic
Automatic
Automatic

Desktop Window Manager Session Manager (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. UxSms
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic
Automatic
Disabled *

DHCP Client (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Dhcp
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic
Automatic
Automatic

Diagnostic Policy Service (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. DPS
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic
Disabled *
Disabled *

Diagnostic Service Host (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. WdiServiceHost
Manual (Started)
Manual (Started)
Manual (Started)
Manual (Started)
Manual (Started)
Manual (Started)
Manual
Disabled *
Disabled *

Diagnostic System Host (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. WdiSystemHost
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual
Disabled *
Disabled *

Disk Defragmenter (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. defragsvc
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual

Distributed Link Tracking Client (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. TrkWks
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Disabled *
Disabled *
Disabled *

Distributed Transaction Coordinator (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. MSDTC
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual
Manual
Manual

DNS Client (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Dnscache
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic
Automatic
Disabled *

Encrypting File System (EFS) (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. EFS
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Disabled *
Disabled *

Extensible Authentication Protocol (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. EapHost
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Disabled *

Fax (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Fax
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Disabled *
Uninstalled *

Function Discovery Provider Host (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. fdPHost
Manual (Started)
Manual (Started)
Manual (Started)
Manual (Started)
Manual (Started)
Manual (Started)
Manual
Disabled *
Disabled *

Function Discovery Resource Publication (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. FDResPub
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic
Disabled *
Disabled *

Group Policy Client (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. gpsvc
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic
Automatic
Automatic

Health Key and Certificate Management (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. hkmsvc
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Disabled *
Disabled *

HomeGroup Listener (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. HomeGroupListener
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual
Manual
Disabled *

HomeGroup Provider (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. HomeGroupProvider
Manual (Started)
Manual (Started)
Manual (Started)
Manual (Started)
Manual (Started)
Manual (Started)
Manual
Manual
Disabled *

Human Interface Device Access (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. hidserv
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Disabled *
Disabled *

IIS Admin Service (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. IISADMIN
Not Installed (Automatic)
Not Installed
Not Installed
Not Installed

IKE and AuthIP IPsec Keying Modules (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. IKEEXT
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Disabled *

Indexing Service (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. CISVC
Not Installed (Started, Automatic)
Not Installed
Not Installed
Not Installed

Interactive Services Detection (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. UI0Detect
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Disabled *
Disabled *

Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. SharedAccess
Disabled
Disabled
Disabled
Disabled
Disabled
Disabled
Disabled
Disabled
Disabled

IP Helper (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. iphlpsvc
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Disabled *
Disabled *
Disabled *

IPsec Policy Agent (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. PolicyAgent
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Disabled *

KtmRm for Distributed Transaction Coordinator (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. KtmRm
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual

Link-Layer Topology Discovery Mapper (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. lltdsvc
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Disabled *
Disabled *

LPD Service (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. LPDSVC
Not Available
Not Installed
Not Installed
Not Installed

Media Center Extender Service (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Mcx2Svc
Not Available
Not Available
Disabled
Disabled
Disabled
Disabled
Disabled
Disabled
Uninstalled *

Message Queuing (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. MSMQ
Not Installed
Not Installed
Not Installed

Message Queuing Triggers (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. MSMQTriggers
Not Installed
Not Installed
Not Installed

Microsoft .NET Framework NGEN v2.0.50727 (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. clr_optimization_v2.0.50727
Manual
Manual
Manual
Automatic (Delayed Start, Started
Manual
Automatic (Delayed Start, Started
Manual
Manual
Manual

Microsoft FTP Service (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. ftpsvc
Not Available
Not Available
Not Installed
Not Installed
Not Installed

Microsoft iSCSI Initiator Service (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. MSiSCSI
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Disabled *
Disabled *
Disabled *

Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. swprv
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual

Multimedia Class Scheduler (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. MMCSS
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic
Automatic
Automatic

Net.Msmq Listener Adapter (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. NetMsmqActivator
Not Installed
Not Installed
Not Installed

Net.Pipe Listener Adapter (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. NetPipeActivator
Not Installed
Not Installed
Not Installed

Net.Tcp Listener Adapter (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. NetTcpActivator
Not Installed
Not Installed
Not Installed

Net.Tcp Port Sharing Service (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. NetTcpPortSharing
Disabled
Disabled
Disabled
Disabled
Disabled
Disabled
Disabled
Disabled
Uninstalled *

Netlogon (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Netlogon
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Disabled *
Disabled *
Disabled *

Network Access Protection Agent (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. napagent
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Disabled *
Disabled *
Disabled *

Network Connections (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Netman
Manual (Started)
Manual (Started)
Manual (Started)
Manual (Started)
Manual (Started)
Manual (Started)
Manual
Manual
Manual

Network List Service (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. netprofm
Manual (Started)
Manual (Started)
Manual (Started)
Manual (Started)
Manual (Started)
Manual (Started)
Manual
Manual
Manual

Network Location Awareness (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. NlaSvc
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic
Automatic
Automatic

Network Store Interface Service (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. nsi
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic
Automatic
Automatic

Offline Files (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. CscService
Not Available
Not Available
Not Available
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Disabled *
Disabled *
Disabled *

Parental Controls (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. WPCSvc
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Disabled *
Disabled *
Disabled *

Peer Name Resolution Protocol (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. PNRPsvc
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual
Disabled *
Disabled *

Peer Networking Grouping (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. p2psvc
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual
Disabled *
Disabled *

Peer Networking Identity Manager (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. p2pimsvc
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual
Disabled *
Disabled *

Performance Logs & Alerts (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. pla
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual

Plug and Play (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. PlugPlay
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic
Automatic
Automatic

PnP-X IP Bus Enumerator (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. IPBusEnum
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Disabled *
Disabled *

PNRP Machine Name Publication Service (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. PNRPAutoReg
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Disabled *
Disabled *

Portable Device Enumerator Service (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. WPDBusEnum
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual
Disabled *
Disabled *

Power (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Power
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic
Automatic
Automatic

Print Spooler (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Spooler
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic
Automatic
Automatic

Problem Reports and Solutions Control Panel Support (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. t)
wercplsupport
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Disabled *
Disabled *

Program Compatibility Assistant Service (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. PcaSvc
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Disabled *
Disabled *

Protected Storage (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. ProtectedStorage
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual
Manual
Manual

Quality Windows Audio Video Experience (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. QWAVE
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Disabled *
Disabled *

Remote Access Auto Connection Manager (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. RasAuto
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual

Remote Access Connection Manager (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. RasMan
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual

Remote Desktop Configuration (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. SessionEnv
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Disabled *
Disabled *

Remote Desktop Services (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. TermService
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Disabled *
Disabled *

Remote Desktop Services UserMode Port Redirector (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. UmRdpService
Not Available
Not Available
Not Available
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Disabled *
Disabled *

Remote Procedure Call (RPC) (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. RpcSs
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic
Automatic
Automatic

Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. RpcLocator
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Disabled *
Disabled *
Disabled *

Remote Registry (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. RemoteRegistry
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Disabled *
Disabled *
Disabled *

RIP Listener (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. iprip
Not Installed
Not Installed
Not Installed

Routing and Remote Access (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. RemoteAccess
Disabled
Disabled
Disabled
Disabled
Disabled
Disabled
Disabled
Disabled
Disabled

RPC Endpoint Mapper (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. RpcEptMapper
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic
Automatic
Automatic

SeaPort (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. SeaPort
Not Installed
Not Installed
Not Installed

Secondary Logon (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. seclogon
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual

Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol Service (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. SstpSvc
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Disabled *

Security Accounts Manager (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. SamSs
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic
Automatic
Automatic

Security Center (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. wscsvc
Automatic (Delayed Start, Started)
Automatic (Delayed Start)
Disabled *

Server (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. LanmanServer
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic
Automatic
Automatic

Shell Hardware Detection (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. ShellHWDetection
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic
Automatic
Automatic

Simple TCP/IP Services (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. simptcp
Not Installed
Not Installed
Not Installed

Smart Card (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. SCardSvr
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Disabled *
Disabled *
Disabled *

Smart Card Removal Policy (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. SCPolicySvc
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Disabled *
Disabled *
Disabled *

SNMP Service (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. SNMP
Not Installed
Not Installed
Not Installed

SNMP Trap (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. SNMPTRAP
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Disabled *
Disabled *
Disabled *

Software Protection (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. sppsvc

SPP Notification Service (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. sppuinotify
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual
Manual
Manual

SSDP Discovery (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. SSDPSRV
Manual (Started)
Manual (Started)
Manual (Started)
Manual (Started)
Manual (Started)
Manual (Started)
Manual
Manual
Manual

Storage Service (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. StorSvc
Not Available
Not Available
Not Available
Manual
Not Available
Manual
Disabled *
Disabled *
Disabled *

Superfetch (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. SysMain
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic
Automatic
Automatic

System Event Notification Service (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. SENS
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic
Automatic
Automatic

Tablet PC Input Service (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. TabletInputService
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Disabled *
Disabled *

Task Scheduler (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Schedule
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic
Automatic
Automatic

TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. lmhosts
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic
Automatic
Disabled *

Telephony (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. TapiSrv
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Disabled *

Telnet (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. TlntSvr
Not Installed (Disabled)
Not Installed (Disabled)
Not Installed (Disabled)
Not Installed (Disabled)
Not Installed (Disabled)
Not Installed (Disabled)
Not Installed
Not Installed
Not Installed

Themes (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Themes
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic
Automatic
Disabled *

Thread Ordering Server (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. THREADORDER
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual

TPM Base Services (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. TBS
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Disabled *
Disabled *

UPnP Device Host (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. upnphost
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual
Manual
Manual

User Profile Service (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. ProfSvc
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic
Automatic
Automatic

Virtual Disk (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. vds
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual

Volume Shadow Copy (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. VSS
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual
Manual
Manual

Web Management Service (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. WMSVC
Not Available
Not Available
Not Installed (Manual)
Not Installed (Manual)
Not Installed (Manual)
Not Installed (Manual)
Not Installed
Not Installed
Not Installed

WebClient (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. WebClient
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Disabled *
Disabled *

Windows Audio (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. AudioSrv
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic
Automatic
Automatic

Windows Audio Endpoint Builder (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. AudioEndpointBuilder
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic
Automatic
Automatic

Windows Backup (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. SDRSVC
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual

Windows Biometric Service (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. WbioSrvc
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Disabled *
Disabled *

Windows CardSpace (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. idsvc
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Disabled *
Uninstalled *

Windows Color System (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. WcsPlugInService
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Disabled *
Disabled *

Windows Connect Now - Config Registrar (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. wcncsvc
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Disabled *
Disabled *
Disabled *

Windows Defender (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. WinDefend
Disabled *

Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. wudfsvc
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****

Windows Error Reporting Service (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. WerSvc
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Disabled *
Disabled *

Windows Event Collector (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Wecsvc
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual

Windows Event Log (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. EventLog
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic
Automatic
Automatic

Windows Firewall (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. MpsSvc
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic
Automatic
Disabled *

Windows Font Cache Service (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. FontCache
Automatic (Delayed Start, Started) ****

Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. StiSvc
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual

Windows Installer (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. msiserver
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual

Windows Live Family Safety (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. fsssvc
Not Installed (Manual)
Not Installed (Manual)
Not Installed (Manual)
Not Installed (Manual)
Not Installed (Manual)
Not Installed (Manual)
Not Installed
Not Installed
Not Installed

Windows Management Instrumentation (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Winmgmt
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic
Automatic
Automatic

Windows Media Center Receiver Service (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. ehRecvr
Not Available
Not Available
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Disabled *
Uninstalled *

Windows Media Center Scheduler Service (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. ehSched
Not Available
Not Available
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Disabled *
Uninstalled *

Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. WMPNetworkSvc
Manual (Started)
Manual (Startedl)
Manual (Started) ****
Manual (Started)
Manual (Started)
Manual (Started)
Disabled *
Disabled *
Uninstalled *

Windows Modules Installer (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. TrustedInstaller
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual
Manual
Manual

Windows Presentation Foundation Font Cache 3.0.0.0 (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. FontCache3.0.0.0
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Uninstalled *

Windows Process Activation Service (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. WAS
Not Installed (Manual, Started)
Not Installed
Not Installed
Not Installed

Windows Remote Management (WS-Management) (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. WinRM
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Disabled *
Disabled *

Windows Search (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. WSearch
Disabled *
Disabled *
Uninstalled *

Windows Time (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. W32Time
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Disabled *

Windows Update (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. wuauserv
Disabled *

WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. WinHttpAutoProxySvc
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual ****
Manual
Disabled *
Disabled *

Wired AutoConfig (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. dot3svc
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Disabled *

WLAN AutoConfig (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Wlansvc
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Disabled *

WMI Performance Adapter (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. wmiApSrv
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual

Workstation (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. LanmanWorkstation
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic (Started)
Automatic
Automatic
Automatic

World Wide Web Publishing Service (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. W3SVC
Not Installed
Not Installed
Not Installed

WWAN AutoConfig (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. WwanSvc
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Manual
Disabled *
Disabled *

Showing 1 to 165 of 165 entries

An * (asterisk) indicates changes from the default
Two ** (asterisks) indicates you can add or remove this service by:

Head to Start
Select Control Panel
Select Programs
Select Programs and Features
Select Turn Windows Features on or off

Three *** (asterisks) indicates optional services installed with Windows Live Essentials (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/essentials-home).
Four **** (asterisks) indicates changes from Retail (SP0) (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. to Service Pack 1.