PDA

View Full Version : were to place them :thinking:

dave_moore
17-06-2012, 12:20 PM
:thinking: just been shopping and got for fathers day a new surround sound system as the one we have at the min is been a dick

now i would like your help on were to place the speakers my tv is on the chimney Brest and the sofa in front against the wall its a old house with 9 foot ceilings and the speakers are about a foot tall there a 6 unit speakers and one bass speaker.

so were to put them hight wise and positioned around the room wise.

my last set were lg ones the tall thin thing but were crap the sound seemed to be at the wrong hight (might be just me) hens the question and there are 6 of the new ones and only 4 of the last ones.

there are no instructions on fitting due to it been an ex display lot

also will using some 4 cor alarm wire be ok to wire tham in with?

many thanks

Dave

alanjg007
17-06-2012, 01:23 PM
Erm, i cant resist.

I suggest placing them in the livingroom where the tv is, might be hard to hear if you put em in the kitchenroflmao

jheritage
17-06-2012, 01:33 PM
My uncle had a surround sound system with the speakers n each corner of the room, that worked nicely.

thelostone
17-06-2012, 01:39 PM
Ideally you have one either side of your tv,the center one is either just above or below the tv (which i would imagine is going to be a little difficult in your case)and the other to i would fit either side and slightly behind your listening position,on speaker stands maybe.As for the sub that is not to much of a prob being as the low frequency waves produced by the sub will travel through most things,put it were it sounds best and more importantly were the mrs is happy with lol.I have my rear speakers in the corners of my room but i have managed to hide the cables.You didnt say what system you have brought could you not have the front speakers screwed to the chimney breast? Not sure about the speaker cable you are on about but normally the cable that comes with these all-in-one systems is to thin you can buy some better stuff from some were like richer sounds but dont spend to much chances are you will not hear the difference no matter what they say

plasterer
17-06-2012, 04:54 PM
All the speakers are usually color coded if there labeled should be straight forward
is the surround sound 5.1 via a dvd player or is it just the surround system.
You should be able to download the manual, Hope this helps ...............Paul

Place the left and right front speakers in an equilateral triangle with your viewing seat, closer to the viewing seat than the television is, unless you have no center channel speaker. Toe in (angle) the left and right front speakers up to 30 degrees so that most sound seems to be coming from the television.

If you don't have a center channel speaker, place the front speakers next to the television.

Place the center channel speaker close to the television - on top or in the same cabinet if possible.

Set up the subwoofer anywhere you have room.

Set up the rear speakers behind and to the sides of the viewing seat. Place them higher than the front speakers.

Aim the rear speakers at each other

dave_moore
17-06-2012, 06:14 PM
thanks plasterer (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. done as you said and sounds grate i used the alarm cable and works fine thanks for all your help job well done i thinks.

Dave

Diablo13
17-06-2012, 08:57 PM
"there are 6 of the new ones and only 4 of the last ones."?

Are you including the sub woofer in that 6 speakers m8?
If your are its a normal 5.1 system, if you are not then its 7 total speakers are a slightly unusual 6.1 system.
In a 6.1 system the extra speaker is a rear center speaker which goes between the 2 normal rears, giving you 3 at the front and three at the rear, plus your sub which can go anywhere. I believe that is to enhance dialogue delivery.

I'm just curious because 6.1 systems do exist and that slightly alters your configuration from what plasterer said in his great post.

dave_moore
17-06-2012, 09:18 PM
sorry its 6 all in i did not get it from here but its the same one To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. im guessing its a 5.1 system i was in a hurry to post as i just wanted to get um up and chill to my new sounds sorry for the confusion :e:

only cost me ?30 well cost the misses :)

Diablo13
17-06-2012, 09:31 PM
Looks like a great buy at that price, especially with Pro Logic II effect. :thumbup2:

I thought that's what you meant in the first place that it was a 5.1 system, but being the pedantic sod I am, I just wanted to be sure for your own personal enjoyment! :teacher:

dave_moore
17-06-2012, 09:45 PM
yep is sooooo clear the sound i also like the usb port no more putting my down loaded films on to dvd yay

ps american pie the reunion is F***ING S**T just like the rest of them pmsl