View Full Version : latest news

DessertDog
12-08-2006, 07:15 AM
Reuters Friday August 11, 11:40 AM

* Email page
* IM Page
* Blog this on Yahoo! 360!
* Print page

LONDON (Reuters) - A telephone watchdog has launched an investigation into the "Big Brother" voting system after receiving 2,700 complaints from viewers, a spokesman said on Friday.

The premium phone line regulator ICSTIS was flooded with complaints after contestants who had been forced off the reality TV show in public votes were allowed to return.

Viewers paid 50 pence each to vote by telephone
(Advertisement)
to evict Grace Adams-Short, Nikki Grahame, Mikey Dalton and Lea Walker, only to see them brought back to the camera-filled house.

"The majority of the complainants believe that they have been misled," ICSTIS said. "They were under the impression that they had voted to evict the contestants permanently."

The watchdog can impose a 250,000 pounds fine or bar the companies behind the telephone vote service from providing premium rate services.

It could also order the two firms, Minick Ltd and ITouch UK, to refund voters' money. No one at either company was available to comment.

The watchdog is checking whether the Big Brother vote breaches its rules that services "must not mislead or be likely to mislead by inaccuracy, ambiguity, exaggeration, omission or otherwise". The inquiry will take up to three months.

Tabloid newspapers, which accuse Channel 4 and the show's producers of giving viewers a raw deal, estimated that 3 million pounds may have to be returned.

Channel 4 said: "We welcome the investigation and will of course fully co-operate with ICSTIS on this matter."

The reality TV show returned for a seventh series in May, with producers threatening the "longest and most twisted" programme yet.

Lainie
12-08-2006, 10:52 AM
i wont b a happy bunny if that winging wee witch nicki wins it and i will demand my money back - spent hunners votin her oot!!!

(:| :9:

Declan
12-08-2006, 02:09 PM
tbh i dont vote, it is a waste of time, one vote mine isnt gonna make a difference, but yea if i did and they were thrown back in i would want me 50 back , cuz i hate being ripped off, like most people

in the case of nikki, she makes good tv and me laugh but tbh my sister of 13 is more grown up than here she just yaps(cries/complains) all the time so yea she beter not win

i think pete or glynn should win cuz they are both funny

ryan106
14-08-2006, 08:09 PM
Pete and glynn are by far the best but i am same i don't vote cause i don't care who wins really