PDA

View Full Version : when did you have your vehicle serviced last?

cactikid
12-06-2012, 11:14 PM
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. maybe its easier to buy another vehicle?one reason why oil and filter changes are needed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCHf7oSGdes&feature=related

guy
12-06-2012, 11:19 PM
Haha, what a state. Although it is pretty concerning that it has only taken 20000 miles to do that. Would like to know how much they thrash the poor thing.

loudgolf
12-06-2012, 11:33 PM
lol oops

Huxlee
13-06-2012, 06:34 AM
Goooooey , I'm not sure if they used treacle instead of oil as lubrication

X4entry
13-06-2012, 02:09 PM
That's insane! only after 20k miles too? Awful. I'm servicing mine (hopefully) at the weekend if I can get it up on the ramp, been meaning to do it the past few weeks but never got round to it. This has made me want to do it a bit more hastily now haha.

aqua
13-06-2012, 04:30 PM
I have a 1997 Mondeo that I have serviced myself for 12 years. My advice is always change the oil and oil filter every year.
Some owners do not understand the importance of doing this. I always find that my car always runs and sounds but better when changing the oil.

cactikid
13-06-2012, 11:56 PM
its a costly investment a car and to get the best of it,cars will nearly run to death,not like cars of 12 years ago with points as car would break down and then get a service,fresh oil is new lube for engine as old engine oil might just have sand in it for all the good it is,no ramp?? check this out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBWq0T7U3y0

cactikid
08-07-2012, 06:29 PM
nearly scrapped another 2 cars due to oil problems,first was a p206sw 8v and it was a 2006 model with erratic oil light flashing ,oil in engine was ok,did a pressure test and oil at idling was 4psi [ready to seize mode ]drained oil and changed filter
refilled with mobil 5w-30 and new filter started car up ,oil pressure upto 5 bar on idling and when hot just below 3 bar.
the center of oil filter has an x made out of plastic to push down spring loaded valve,it had broken away.
next car was opel corsa 1.0 3 cyl and 2000,doing a service a bit overdue as last one was back in 09 lol,on removing the plastic housing to remove the paper element it has fallen assunder and bits everywhere,took me 5 mins to remove the bits and suck out debris,showed the customer her bits and what its supposed to look like,told her not to hope for it to run for much longer as damage was done and timing chain badly rattling,she laughed,have putin 5w-30 to see if it cleans any more crap out of engine and come back in 9 months if still running lol.