PDA

View Full Version : WWDC 2012: What to expect

Gazer
11-06-2012, 01:29 PM
Today or should i say this afternoon Apple CEO Tim Cook will kick off this years Apple's world wide Developers Conference (WWDC) in San Francisco.

This year there is no steve jobs as you know he died on October 5th last year - just a day after the iPhone 4S was announced, so this offers us a first taste of what Apple has been up to in the last nine months without the top man and founder being there.

As you all know i'm a apple fan myself and have been since the start of the ipod and then into the iphone range of phones and the new ipad and now the apple TV....thanks to one of our members on WoD ;)

Well today i think we will get announcement of the new software "ios 6" which will be for the iphone, ipad and the ipod touch, and as i'v read there are banners all over the entance to the conference area with it on.

What i dont know is what new features will come out of this new ios 6 or when they will release it to us but i would say it would be same time as a new iphone is released :) if anyone knows more let me know please.

one thing which i know we will see in the next 12 months and that is apple moving away from google as it's already happened in iPhoto for iOS, when Apple engineers switched to their own in-house maps and i can see it'll happen with this as well.

anyway time for me to get some work done and hopfully we will find out more as the day goes on

Regards Gazer

Pejazzle
11-06-2012, 03:04 PM
I'm hearing it'll just be a mackbook refresh along with the introduction of iOS 6 and their new maps, which is apparently the highest quality which has only been used in military before.

Here's a few links:

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. And I'd follow this liveblog at 6pm our time:

http://live.theverge.com/wwdc-2012-live-blog/

-

If only I could afford Apple's products!