PDA

View Full Version : Cannot move a window unless titlebar problem

Spinifex
07-06-2012, 05:51 PM
Right this is properly getting on my bits now.

as you know on xp you can move an msn box or an un-maximised window easily by left clicking anywhere on it and holding button down and then move ya window box, but on win7 it wont let me do that, i have to keep left clicking and dragging via the blue title bar at the top of the box!!!

its properly getting on me wick, ive tried disabling the windows snap feature and all that jazz and still cant get this pile of crap how i like it.
its just doing me head in cos i cant quickly move a box out me way without being more precise and having to find the opaque blue bar to then move the damb boxes out the way.

anybody got a tool or a method or a theme or something to get this proper annoying feature dead and burried?

thanks.

Diablo13
07-06-2012, 05:57 PM
I think that's just the way it is built Spinni.
Surely it is a very minor thing and nothing worth worrying about really?
You just get used to it.

Spinifex
07-06-2012, 05:58 PM
I think that's just the way it is built Spinni.
Surely it is a very minor thing and nothing worth worrying about really?
You just get used to it.

:( spin isnt happy with win7 then is he.....
fedup with it already.

Magnu420
07-06-2012, 06:11 PM
i went onto win7 the other week tried it for a couple of days
then reverted back to xp cos win7 wouldnt operate any of me dvr cards

fergalsworld
07-06-2012, 06:11 PM
Im on XP and i cant do what you are saying you can do i have to left click and hold on the blue title bar to move the window:confused:
Can you do what spini is saying he could do on xp mag's?

Spinifex
07-06-2012, 06:15 PM
Im on XP and i cant do what you are saying you can do i have to left click and hold on the blue title bar to move the window:confused:

well thats strange then, whats also strange is only beta versions of msn would allow the window drag too (beta are nearly only working versions left other than v14.0.8117.416

i know for a fact u could drag no probs on xp without needing the title bar fergs?

@ mags i tried to install xp on this machine and it blue screened after the cd read all its drivers, we put it down to maybe it couldnt cope with the amount of ram installed, that isnt the case afaik, the case lies with scsi and IDE in your bios, apparetntly id need to put the thing to compatible mode to allow installation to continue!.

fergalsworld
07-06-2012, 06:21 PM
well thats strange then, whats also strange is only beta versions of msn would allow the window drag too (beta are nearly only working versions left other than v14.0.8117.416

i know for a fact u could drag no probs on xp without needing the title bar fergs?

That's the version i have and i cant drag it unless i click the blue bar

@ mags i tried to install xp on this machine and it blue screened after the cd read all its drivers, we put it down to maybe it couldnt cope with the amount of ram installed, that isnt the case afaik, the case lies with scsi and IDE in your bios, apparetntly id need to put the thing to compatible mode to allow installation to continue!.
That's what i had to do on a machine i fixed and it worked ok.

Spinifex
07-06-2012, 06:25 PM
ok fergs i know im doing this arse about face now but whats best program to partition say 30 gigs live within 7 and go install xp home into that partition?

so i can dual boot? i guess i shudda done it other way around i not sure cos surely youd end up with the same question unless 7 has an option for dual booting lol

fergalsworld
07-06-2012, 06:32 PM
No idea as I never done it, one of the others might know.

Spinifex
07-06-2012, 06:34 PM
No idea as I never done it, one of the others might know.

this seems a good bet, i done step1 and can see me parts... will do it another day

_http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/8790/dual-boot-your-pre-installed-windows-7-computer-with-xp/

Magnu420
07-06-2012, 06:38 PM
i think you have to have xp first then put win7 on heres a link about partitioning

ive been experimenting with paragon partition manager it seems simple to use

edit link deleted cos its simaler

Spinifex
07-06-2012, 06:42 PM
yer paragon is good, i made a backup of xp to a few drives and is so much quicker to get you back up and running within a few mins as long as your within a dual layered disk size lol or you can ofc store a copy on another drive and copy it back ;)