PDA

View Full Version : Nebula freeview TV usb box and win7 - the answer

beretta686
06-06-2012, 09:47 PM
If anyone is having the same problem - it has taken me a while but I think it now works - (this maybe obvious to those who have more than my basic level of computer literacy)

I have a nebula TV usb box and 3.7 software and it had been working reasonably well contected to my laptop running winXP - it was easy to use and crash free and you could simply record with it etc - happy days:wink:

Then I upgraded to win7 and it all went wrong I even installed the new driver for win 7 still with high hopes but it was still not working until.... I discovered the compatability options - under the control panel troubleshooting - programs

I went through the questions it asked and got it nearly working (I could view the channels and would occasionally lock up) but it would not record and it would not display some of the screens for the coded channels

Then I had another go and just ticked the box that said "did it work with a previous version of windows" . It gave me a list of options and checked win XP (service pack 3) running under administrator

Now it works again - result!!:goodluck:

Dont get me wrong I am not saying nebula is the best external TV box for a laptop (believe me it has its quirks) but it does the job

Reddevil
06-06-2012, 09:50 PM
I have a nebula Pci version, win 7 didnt like the software but luckily i dont use it to watch tv :)

beretta686
06-06-2012, 09:56 PM
have you got something to replace it then? something a bit more up to date

I know nebula has had its going out of business scares and suffers from lack of support

For all I know they may have already dissapeared:sad:

Reddevil
06-06-2012, 09:59 PM
No they are still going, you can download a trial version of the V4 software but its not free anymore :(

http://www.nebula-electronics.com/