PDA

View Full Version : any way to unlock sky + box

nikki_ts
06-06-2012, 12:30 AM
is there any way to unlock sky + box to be able to use it as a pvr without paying ?

DessertDog
06-06-2012, 07:16 AM
Dont think there is m8 i have been searching for months.

notanotherone
06-06-2012, 10:25 AM
the answer is ....no .if it was we would all be doing it mate ,I am a member of a German forum,and just over a year a go a guy was working on a way on how to do it he got so far but ad to give up as it didn't work

jgillis
06-06-2012, 10:16 PM
In a sky box, unlike TiVo, the pvr features are part of the encryption system. So next to impossible to hack. Having said that, if you are a paying sub who happens to inherit a sky+ box, if you ring them up and ask them nicely you can sometimes sweet talk a call center operator to send the authorisation to your card. Practice your flirting skills.

wisey400
07-06-2012, 01:44 AM
Ive been looking to do the same! Keep this updated if you hear anymore!

bob14
07-06-2012, 02:33 PM
hi

not my work from another forum

Re: SKY plus record after cancelling subscription

Nope not possible.

Sorry but on this occasion you are wrong, there is a firmware patcher for the Pace 3100 Sky Plus receivers which will allow you to do the above. You need to JTAG the box and re-flash it with the attached software.

hopr this may help

jgillis
07-06-2012, 09:53 PM
The authorisation to pvr is held on the card not in the firmware of the box. As I said its part of the encryption system - so hence on the card. As an example, when you first recieve your sky+ service you have a firmware enabled device, but you can't even pause till the authorisation is sent to the card.

If you wanna try re flashing your box please go ahead, but don't expect anything but grief. I warn novices that tinkering with the firmware on your box is gonna break wide open when the next software download occurs.

By far the easiest way to achieve this is to ask a call center person to authorise the card for pvr. Unlike subs this will not expire once set.

notanotherone
08-06-2012, 12:04 AM
as jgillis says and I said it can't be done ,my friend cancelled sky and thot he'd watch what he recorded later,but even that is stopped,I'm on few foreign forums and no one really recommends you try anything .

bob14
08-06-2012, 02:39 PM
hi

I was in the same boat my sky half price deal ran out last year
I found this on another forum (it was no good for a hd box)
I had found this post, so posted in case it may help

bob14
17-07-2012, 09:31 PM
hi

just to say I have read elsewere if you have had your blue sky card with yellow house on (active for sky plus box )

then it was replaced with white card for your sky plus box the blue cards were not deactivated for sky plus
so they may work after your sub has been cancelled