PDA

View Full Version : mini cyclone 3

DessertDog
04-06-2012, 09:36 AM
I have found a mkv file that wont play on my cyclone all others seem to play the file will play on pc though.Any suggestions welcome.Im in the process of converting it to avi to see if that works.The mkv file is Not Corrupted.

Collider
04-06-2012, 09:55 AM
Wouldnt it be quicker to just redownload it not in mkv as conversion depending on computer specs can take ages compared to downloading.

DessertDog
04-06-2012, 02:10 PM
Wouldnt it be quicker to just redownload it not in mkv as conversion depending on computer specs can take ages compared to downloading.
It would if i could find a avi one lol converted it it still runs on pc but not the black box lol

Collider
04-06-2012, 03:53 PM
What is it? pm if you cant post ;-)

DessertDog
05-06-2012, 05:48 PM
pmd you yesterday lol

Collider
05-06-2012, 07:25 PM
didnt get it

DessertDog
05-06-2012, 07:31 PM
Thats strange nao said that to day as well maybe its not working

Diablo13
05-06-2012, 10:31 PM
It doesn't make sense that most mkv files will play, but just one doesn't? :confused:
There must be a fault with the packaging (building of the file), or its got corrupted during transfer or something?
Convert it on your pc, which shouldn't take long, to avi or divx format and try again.
Its an odd problem to me, and it would happen to you DD! lol

DessertDog
08-06-2012, 08:52 AM
I have converted it it still wont play through box but both avi convertion and the original Mkv play on lappy its very strange.

It doesn't make sense that most mkv files will play, but just one doesn't? :confused:
There must be a fault with the packaging (building of the file), or its got corrupted during transfer or something?
Convert it on your pc, which shouldn't take long, to avi or divx format and try again.
Its an odd problem to me, and it would happen to you DD! lol

Collider
08-06-2012, 01:20 PM
Odd mate,any chance theres an update for the cyclone? http://www.sumvision.com.cn/firmware.aspx

DessertDog
08-06-2012, 02:08 PM
Didnt think of that but i dont think it connectable lol
checked the site m8 no update for micro3

Collider
08-06-2012, 02:16 PM
is it a mini or micro as couldnt find cyclone mini 3 when looked,must be able to update firmware via SD card or something ;-)

DessertDog
08-06-2012, 03:18 PM
Its the micro3 m8

is it a mini or micro as couldnt find cyclone mini 3 when looked,must be able to update firmware via SD card or something ;-)

DessertDog
08-06-2012, 03:19 PM
I have contacted the seller maybe they can help lol
After all this i think i may have found the problem all films were in the same directory Films now i have moved Mkv to there own directory Mkv/ and they seem to be playing ok very strange lol

Collider
08-06-2012, 03:33 PM
Nothing like reading the instructions lol

DessertDog
08-06-2012, 03:55 PM
Lol didnt say anything about that in there just checked the cd MANUAL

Nothing like reading the instructions lol

sportsvcd
08-06-2012, 05:04 PM
i've got the 1tb cyclone and i can hardly copy films or shows over to the hdd because it crashes midway, and if i manage to successfully copy a film/show over to the hdd, it only plays for a few mins then it crashes, i've formatted the hdd countless times and still the same problem

Diablo13
08-06-2012, 05:17 PM
I don't really see why just changing which file it is in should make a difference DD!
Normally if you open a file which have films in different formats, it will play any that are compatible with the media player, the rest will show in the file but not play.
Did you have any other mkv files in your "films" file at the same time which did play?

I don't suppose the actual file size is bigger than the other mkv's is it, as that could be an explanation? :38:

Glad you seem to have it sorted, sometimes there seems no logical explanation for these odd annoying embuggerances!

DessertDog
08-06-2012, 05:18 PM
Try a firmware update if there is one

DessertDog
08-06-2012, 05:20 PM
the file was 10gig and yes there were other mkv files there also but as soon as a made a Mkv dir and moved them all to there it worked very strange eh

I don't really see why just changing which file it is in should make a difference DD!
Normally if you open a file which have films in different formats, it will play any that are compatible with the media player, the rest will show in the file but not play.
Did you have any other mkv files in your "films" file at the same time which did play?

I don't suppose the actual file size is bigger than the other mkv's is it, as that could be an explanation? :38:

Glad you seem to have it sorted, sometimes there seems no logical explanation for these odd annoying embuggerances!

Reddevil
08-06-2012, 05:27 PM
The answer to the question is:

Its possible been encoded in a none standard codec, which unfortunately isnt being supported by your box.

The file size issue is down to the format of the device fat is limited to 4gb in one file if memory serves me where as ntfs isnt, sadly most devices that use these only support fat format.

Diablo13
08-06-2012, 05:48 PM
i've got the 1tb cyclone and i can hardly copy films or shows over to the hdd because it crashes midway, and if i manage to successfully copy a film/show over to the hdd, it only plays for a few mins then it crashes, i've formatted the hdd countless times and still the same problem

Have you tried a different hard drive, maybe a smaller one?
Will your films copy to a usb stick, then play back?
If your external hdd is a 3.5" one, is it in a caddy with its own power source, because usb power only may not be enough to run it properly?
When you formatted the hdd, what did you format it in, Fat 32 or NTSF?
Fat 32 will only accept files up to 4 gig in size, if the film file is bigger that's likely your problem?
It could still just be a faulty drive, even though it formatted ok?
Just giving you some options to think about sportsvcd, you may already know what I said but its always worth mentioning to jog peoples memories.

DessertDog
08-06-2012, 05:53 PM
This is even weirder lol cos fat32 HD has files of Mkv over 3 gig lol codec must have been ok cos it plays now with no alteration apart from the Directory.

The answer to the question is:

Its possible been encoded in a none standard codec, which unfortunately isnt being supported by your box.

The file size issue is down to the format of the device fat is limited to 4gb in one file if memory serves me where as ntfs isnt, sadly most devices that use these only support fat format.

Collider
09-06-2012, 11:05 AM
Atleast you got it fixed ;-)