PDA

View Full Version : Bf3: Close quarters

alanjg007
03-06-2012, 11:27 PM
http://youtu.be/V41cu7KTF3M

what ya all think?

tinkertiler
04-06-2012, 07:59 AM
I think it will be ok but im waiting for the one after that the Amoured warefare pack as tanks are my thing :) This looks like the gameplay like Call Of Duty and that just does not interest me at all.

alanjg007
04-06-2012, 08:27 AM
your right tinkertiler, i did read that dice were trying to stop the call of duty converts moaning!

Collider
04-06-2012, 08:32 AM
Prefer outside tbh as indoors with maps like the train one get to manic and half the time its pure luck

tinkertiler
04-06-2012, 04:26 PM
Operation Metro is pretty much close quarters and i dont like it tbh. Stick me in a tank with a couple of others and cause maximum damage lol Think im on my fifth start on tank now pmsl

alanjg007
04-06-2012, 07:21 PM
sorely tempted to buy the 'premium' pack, but the price 4000ms points is a bit steep.

Not gonna bother in hindsite!

Battlefield 3's "Premium" membership got officially revealed this morning by EA (via an exclusive Reuters piece), and it confirmed many of the details we already knew about the soon-to-be-launched service. "Premium" costs $50 one time, not to mention a variety of other in-game weapons and dog tags, as well as a handful of "enhanced" Battlelog features (such as resetting stats). The piece doesn't mention getting access to the game's five announced map packs, but that seems like an odd omission considering the $50 asking price.

Additionally, the membership gives users two weeks of advanced access to the variety of unreleased DLC packs ? except this perk only applies if you're a PlayStation 3 customer. Much like Call of Duty's adherence to an exclusivity window on DLC for Xbox 360, Battlefield 3 is locked to a similar tryst with Sony's PlayStation 3. This means that users who pay for the Premium service on either Xbox 360 or PC won't get that same level of early access, which is ... pretty bizarre to us.

The piece doesn't make clear when the service launches, but the perviously leaked memo and yesterday's leaked trailer indicated it would launch as soon as today. The piece also notes that Battlefield 3 has thus far moved 15 million units. Not too shabby! We expect to hear even more about Premium during EA's press conference this afternoon.

alanjg007
04-06-2012, 11:15 PM
The premium pack MIGHT actually be worth the cash. I updated to the new update and it had details about it.

douglaswalkers
07-06-2012, 09:01 AM
The Close Quarters gameplay trailer start with quick motion to the collision and more emphasis on the shoot and run strategy as the atmosphere can be heavily damages, reducing the chances for getting cover.