PDA

View Full Version : reverse proxy nginx

dave_moore
23-05-2012, 10:57 PM
so on Monday i went to google i used To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. as you do BUT then came up "welcome to NGINX" after using the refresh button i got to google and googled nginx and it told me on one thread it was a virus but Wikipedia told me it was a "reverse proxy?????? WTF

after using click and clean (CHROME extension) running mal were bites and a full scan with comodo internet security nothing was found but the welcome NGINX was gone.

i however am paranoid about this as have never come across it before so an explanation and/or help would be so grate thanks guys and girls

Dave

alanjg007
23-05-2012, 11:04 PM
First, try out duckduckgo.com it searches a few search engines anonymously and prevents google storing your search criteria.

Next, there a re a few programs you could thoroughly check your system with. malwarebytes is one, but people have their own preferences, and then a full virus scan.

dave_moore
24-05-2012, 10:27 AM
im sorry i think you misunderstood i was not using a proxy it just was there with out me wanting it to be 1 site said it was a virus the other a reverse proxy and it was a bitch to get rid of thats if i have i wanted to know if anyone had come across it or thay knew if my pc was clean if it just went after cleaning my history?

many thanks

Dave ps i like the duckduckgo.com thanks for that! alanjg007 (http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/member.php?21585-alanjg007)

Diablo13
24-05-2012, 02:07 PM
I have never come across this, but I would be interested to know the answer as well if anyone else has some more information?

dave_moore
31-05-2012, 06:04 PM
found out what this was i have been using t mobile router with 10 pound a month and 1 Gb download limit BUT you get endless browsing so i found out i can bypass the 1 GB limit if i use a proxy program (cyber ghost)

it was t mobile trying to be better tham me and track me down throu the proxy for taking all there data usage lol

Diablo13
31-05-2012, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the update on this dave_moore, it sounds like you have things well in hand to take full advantage of your services! ;)