PDA

View Full Version : Dreambox 800hd clone

olly
22-05-2012, 12:10 PM
Hi all,can anyone tell me what the difference with the clone to the original,as i have seen the above box for ?139,is that a clone,as world of satellite have them way more new and i know there`s are all original?

Would i also be better off with a linux box,as i was looking at the technomate 5402hd but this one is not linux based.
What Is the pro`s and con`s of the two please if anyone can help.....cheers Olly

Ureyesonly
22-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Clones is cheap cause there made with sh1t parts and will always have problems or die, When it happens whoever sold you it will more than likely not wanna answer you for help or support and defo won't give refunds, "BUY ORIGNAL" unless funds is low take a risk with clone

berley
22-05-2012, 12:51 PM
I must have been lucky with my clone then. I have an original DM600 and a clone 800 and both work equally as well as the other, if anything the 800 is used a lot more than the 600 and is still going strong.

notanotherone
22-05-2012, 02:36 PM
I've got two clone 800hd and not had a bit of bother with them bought them when they first came out

berley
22-05-2012, 02:39 PM
I've got two clone 800hd and not had a bit of bother with them bought them when they first came out

Is that when I bought mine as well ?

Spinifex
22-05-2012, 04:04 PM
i have 2 clones 500's and not a prob. remember you can get clone reebok trainers you pay for what you get.

if i made a clone of you olly do you think there wud be much difference? lol

dont forget tho and that goes to ureyesonly aswell that most parts and manufacture of most electronic items come from china or surrounding area in factorys that pay pittence. hk ch korea.

olly
22-05-2012, 05:37 PM
Might just go for this dreambox 800hd clone then after some positive comments.
Clone of me lol,missus would say another pain arse then!
Is programming the same as an original? Cheers all

BCFC

notanotherone
22-05-2012, 08:31 PM
Is that when I bought mine as well ?

yep sure is think i bought mine a couple of days after you

world-of-satellite.co.uk
23-05-2012, 07:20 AM
We do not stock clones of any make or model, but why bother with cheap chinese clone when you can buys 100% genuine receivers like the GiGaBlue HD800SE? To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Only ?149 FREE UK DELIVERY and 1 year warranty, very much doubt you'd get a 1 year warranty on a chinese clone ;)

olly
31-05-2012, 07:49 PM
Only thing is,i see there is not much support on this site for the Gigablue,and being a newbie to having to set this box up,i think i will struggle without the site tuts,etc.? olly

wullboy
31-05-2012, 09:08 PM
Only thing is,i see there is not much support on this site for the Gigablue,and being a newbie to having to set this box up,i think i will struggle without the site tuts,etc.? olly

Then google is your friend m8......:wink3:

world-of-satellite.co.uk
01-06-2012, 03:44 PM

If you struggle with Gigablue you struggle with a Dreambox, both use the same Enigma 2 operating system.

Spinifex
01-06-2012, 04:00 PM
@ w.o.s you could always pre-flash it just for him lol

or sell him a usb stick with enigz on it lol

Ureyesonly
01-06-2012, 05:01 PM
@ w.o.s you could always pre-flash it just for him lol

or sell him a usb stick with enigz on it lol

Now where's the fun in that? let him fook it up once or twice lol

olly
01-06-2012, 07:36 PM
I probably want fook it up,but with a helpful site like this i know i will sort it.
I did reflash an old dbox2 in there day when it was thought it was trash,and got all working.

I guess the principle is the same on setup,apart from router....Google is ok,but you can get conflicting details/opinions,where i know people on here know there stuff!

I have searched for clines@ google to see where best to get them from, but thats the same sort of response as above.

Unarmedgunman
02-06-2012, 03:16 AM
I have seen some of these clones on gumtree and ebay for as little as ?60, sounds too good to be true because it is.
It would be better to get an openbox than a dreambox clone for roughly the same price