PDA

View Full Version : BROOKE HOGAN TO JOIN TNA’S “IMPACT WRESTLING” ON SPIKE TV

Pejazzle
18-05-2012, 12:05 AM
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. 1

BROOKE HOGAN TO JOIN TNA?S ?IMPACT WRESTLING? ON SPIKE TV STARTING THURSDAY, MAY 31
New York, NY, May 17, 2012 ? Television personality and recording artist Brooke Hogan is joining the cast of the highly-rated weekly wrestling program, TNA?s ?IMPACT WRESLTING? starting Thursday, May 31 on Spike TV. Brooke?s role will be as the Executive in Charge of the female wrestling division, The Knockouts. Brooke will join a star-studded cast of the biggest names in professional wrestling, including her father, wrestling legend Hulk Hogan. TNA?s flagship series, ?IMPACT WRESLTING,? telecasts on Spike TV and is one of the network?s top-rated series on Thursday nights with young men and currently ranks among the top shows on cable in its timeslot with Men 18-34.

In addition to overseeing the traditional duties of the Knockouts Division, Brooke will bring a new energy and direction to the role working with the girls in a variety of capacities.

"I have really gotten to know Brooke by working with her on her music career this past year and a half," said Dixie Carter, President of TNA Wrestling. "When we did talk wrestling, I not only loved her passion and knowledge of it, but the fresh, creative ideas she would come up with. She is very savvy. I asked if she would consider teaming up with me in this capacity while she also worked on her music, and I was thrilled when she said ?yes.? A big personality runs in her genes, obviously, and I know she is going to take an already exciting division of Impact Wrestling to another level."
Brooke is heading to New York next week for a media tour to promote her addition to the IMPACT WRESTLING team. Brooke will also promote ?IMPACT WRESTLING?s? move to 8 PM and that the series will telecast LIVE for the summer starting Thursday, May 31. TNA's 10th anniversary SLAMMINVERSARY pay-per-view-event is set for June 10th in Dallas, Texas.

The TNA roster features many of the top names in wrestling including the aforementioned Hulk Hogan, Jeff Hardy, Kurt Angle, Bobby Roode, Sting, James Storm, Rob Van Dam, and the lovely and lethal Knockouts.
Brooke Hogan, a native of Tampa, Fl, is a successful television personality, singer and songwriter. Brooke starred in two acclaimed non-scripted shows on Spike?s sister network, VH1, including ?Hogan Knows Best? and the spinoff, ?Brooke Knows Best.? Both were #1 rated shows for the network. Brooke has also released two albums, ?Undiscovered? in 2006 which peaked at #28 on the Billboard Hot 100, and ?The Redemption? in 2009. Her song, "Everything To Me," peaked at #1 twice on Billboard?s Top Single Chart. Hogan?s film credits include ?Little Hercules in 3D,? ?Sand Sharks,? and ?Devour.?

-

Source (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Ridiculous, anyone that doesn't think Hogan & Bischoff are using TNA for their own self gain and to get there family in the fame unjustly through shortcuts and not working their arses off like all the other wrestlers then I'm afraid you're on cuckoo land. The fact Garett Bischoff especially can just walk in to the main spotlight is kick in the face to all the other Wrestlers who worked their arses off since they were a small child and wanted to do this all their life.

Diablo13
18-05-2012, 01:58 AM
Brooke Hogan isn't a wrestler though, she's a presenter.
Sometimes it can add a different dynamic to shows when main players are related, especially if they disagree?
I can't see that happening though as she has always been a daddys girl, she supported Hulk through his divorce and has often been at ringside for events, so maybe this tryout is her reward. Most changes add something new and she has to be better than that screaming banshee Karen Jarrett!
If she has an interest then why not give her a chance, funny they never care about people being related when it comes to acting, but they do in wrestling?
I get the feeling you have drunk too much of Scott Steiner's bitterness poison m8!:drunk2: :lol3:

The live broadcasts are a good idea, as is the "gut check" bit to try out new young wrestlers on the show, so at least they are coming up with some new ideas.

Pejazzle
18-05-2012, 11:48 AM
I was referring more to Garett Bischoff in terms of wrestling where a nobody comes in straight to the top without earning it just because they're related to one of the cun*s running TNA.

As for Brooke she is simply getting a spot again just because she is Hulk Hogans daughter. I would much prefer Karen as she plays her part very well like Vickie Guerrero in WWE, and she is tried and tested. Brooke is going to start when they go live do they really want to take that risk?

Diablo have you been drinking some other sort of poison? You think Gut Check is a good idea? Really? Bringing in random people from outside to get a title shot without earning it whilst all the guys in the back worked their arses off? Where's the good idea there?

I am not bitter at all just being realistic, TNA will go nowhere with the two clowns running it that ran WCW into the ground. They have gone live before on a Monday night to try and compete with TNA and this is when TNA was arguably a better product yet they couldn't compete and was a total failure.

I'm glad Steiner is doing what he's doing, he may be part bitter and I don't think he is still good enough to be a wrestler but I believe he wants what's best for TNA and all the hard working guys in the back. He doesn't want a repeat of WCW.

I also don't think 3 hour Raw will work because it's far too long and will probably be filled with sh!t and I've read WCW did this just before dying aswell?

Diablo13
19-05-2012, 09:21 PM
Funny but they always say WCW died, but it didn't really.
When I used to watch Nitro and Thunder on Thursdays for a short time, it was run by Eric Bishoff and was actually far better than WWE at that time. There are many ideas from WCW which became adopted by WWE, which were more original than their own bland ideas.
It was even regularly beating WWE in the ratings, Nitro being scheduled head to head with Raw, at almost the same time.
A great many people, both in and out of wrestling mourn the loss of WCW, not because it was always brilliant, but because it was a good alternative to the WWF, with its every shows the same format churned out every week.
The same way WWE has become now!
Plus it was a lot more gritty for an adult audience.
The thing was WWE had a lot of money then, they built up a storyline of Vince McMahon splitting with his kids, so Shane and Stefanie were supposed to take over WCW in competition against their father.
On the last edition of Monday Nitro, Vince appeared on the show, to everyone's shock, as the new owner, allegedly buying it out from underneath his siblings and killing off the competition.
In reality Vince bought out Teddy Turner the owner for WCW, in order to remove the competition, which he seemingly had no answer for!
WCW "died" not because of Bischoff, Hogan, or the wrestlers on the show, many of those wrestlers actually joined WWE if they wanted to, but because money talks and Vince had the money.
It was business that killed WCW, not Bischoff , who far from running it into the ground, actually raised it to new heights capable of beating WWE.
I'm not a fan of Bischoff by a long chalk, but he has done a lot for wrestling, obnoxious as he is.
If TNA ever manages to raise its profile enough to be a threat to WWE, you can bet your bollix Vince and his board will try the same buy out trick again because they don't play well with others and have to be the biggest internationally broadcast wrestling show, even if they're not the best!

Incidentally, don't you think Garrett had to learn the ropes in the gym and in front of camera in the background, long before it was announced he was Erics son and his career was pushed forward?
In WCW Rick Flairs son was also seemingly brought out of nowhere into spotlighted matches, the trouble was he really wasn't very good and didn't last long!
You can expect to see D' von's sons appear as wrestlers in TNA sometime in the future as well, because they have appeared as audience participants in some of his matches and notably hanging out with Deangelo Dinero (The Pope) giving them an introduction to the scene and audiences.
Randy Orton, Ted Dibiassi, Cody Rhodes, The Rock and many other second or third generation wrestling stars of today also got their breaks through their fathers careers and in ring connections, its far from new. Thats the business, thats also why the monthly "Gut Check" segment is a good idea, to bring in new blood which may have talent from the independant and amateur circuits.Where the likes of Scott Steiner are now!
None of them come from the audience and are non wrestlers, we have just never heard of them here.

Pejazzle
20-05-2012, 12:14 AM
Thanks for that post Diablo, I learnt quite a bit!

Whilst of course Garett trained before going to TNA I just disagree how he has been thrusted straight into the spotlight when there is many more talented wrestlers in the back who have worked for years in TNA? That goes for Gut Check aswell, whilst they are not random people but just unknown wrestlers I don't think it's fair they get a title shot for nothing? That's the whole point of a number 1 contender? Someone who works week in week out to earn that opportunity?

I guess it's a matter of time and well see if TNA will get to a level where they can compete with WWE before being offered a buy out. Whilst Bischoff can certainly add and improve TNA with the creative side of things and Hogan can promote from outside, I don't like them hogging the spotlight and fear they are using TNA for their own self gain more than to improve it?

I hope for Wrestlings sake things work out because WWE need a kick up the backside.

Diablo13
21-05-2012, 10:49 PM
That goes for Gut Check aswell, whilst they are not random people but just unknown wrestlers I don't think it's fair they get a title shot for nothing? That's the whole point of a number 1 contender? Someone who works week in week out to earn that opportunity?

Now there I agree with you, fair enough to give them some spotlight to see how they perform under pressure, but they should not be given title shots ahead of established wrestlers!
A case in point from the WWE for me has to be Christian?
He may be established, but to return after months of injury and win a very predictable rumble match for a contenders title shot, then win that title the same night sucks for me!
As soon as you saw him in the pre "Over the Limit" rumble match you just knew he would win it.
That's WWE, not TNA, but just to say it is a shabby practice which goes on in both companies and I personally don't think it adds to the excitement because there is no background or build up to the title change, no matter who it is.