PDA

View Full Version : Alarm System

The-Wappy-One
10-08-2006, 05:30 PM
Im looking to build my own alarm system..

What im after or suggestions

Basicly as this is a alarm for our warehouse that has a lot off stock in i need a decent alarmsystem without going overboard..

Readcare -- Not intrested im looking for more deterant more than anything.

Im more intrested in a siren of loud speaker that can run of a 12v car battery (Mains mainly and if the power is cut run on the battery for a short time)..

i want it so that the speaker can be almost painful to the people in the building any suggestions.. or if anyone knows of a decent alarmsystem that can be customised let us know

Thanks

Wappy

P.s our industrial site has been the hotspot for robbers recently (3 bussiness hit lastnight) and i want to put something in ready for them.....

other reason for the siren is it will alert the taxi rank next door to us :) and they then HAVE to ring the police as they carn't take calls cos of the noise ;) lol Evil i know..

snifferdog
10-08-2006, 05:47 PM
Start by getting yourself one or two yellow ADT alarm boxes to go on the wall outside - staightaway that says "this alarm system is monitored, and working". You'll find that the 'dummy' ADT boxes cost as much as a no-name working box. Once you've got that there are plenty of decent panels around that are fairly easy to fit - however, if your feeling adventurous any of the 'Galaxy' panels are excellent (ebay again) - these are the ones that ADT fit, but they are very 'involved' and you won't get help or advice from diy type forums.

TEEPEE
15-08-2006, 05:50 PM
Hi there. if you want a deterent alarm get a standard system that has a batterry back up panel(most have this now any way) a decent alarm bell box. ( like this.. RESON8 Polycarbonate Bell Box (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. and a 1 or 2 240v motorised sirens.
see here: LGM Products Ltd (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. these sirens kick ass. i used to fit these systems in properties and you seriously can not stand in the same room as them. a burglar would be off like a jack rabbit. a normal system should cost you around £100 if you fit it your self. the sirens are fairly expensive but you will be very happy with the result. hope this helps you mate. if you need any more info please pm me... :)

megaman
21-11-2006, 11:43 AM
Try a beware of the dog sign as well.

27-11-2006, 07:38 PM
You could fit dummy CCTV cameras and signs these work well and cheap.

jakebt123
01-12-2006, 02:00 AM
You could fit dummy CCTV cameras and signs these work well and cheap.

dummy cams are good , but most have a blinking red led , burglers even stupid ones know that real cams dont have blinking lights best to cut the light out

jakebt123
01-12-2006, 02:08 AM
Im looking to build my own alarm system..
What im after or suggestions
Basicly as this is a alarm for our warehouse that has a lot off stock in i need a decent alarmsystem without going overboard..
Readcare -- Not intrested im looking for more deterant more than anything.
Im more intrested in a siren of loud speaker that can run of a 12v car battery (Mains mainly and if the power is cut run on the battery for a short time)..
i want it so that the speaker can be almost painful to the people in the building any suggestions.. or if anyone knows of a decent alarmsystem that can be customised let us know
Thanks
Wappy
P.s our industrial site has been the hotspot for robbers recently (3 bussiness hit lastnight) and i want to put something in ready for them.....
other reason for the siren is it will alert the taxi rank next door to us :) and they then HAVE to ring the police as they carn't take calls cos of the noise ;) lol Evil i know..

a very decent alarm system with most importantly user friendly install instructions is the melcom 6100t ou can get these from maplins or from melcom , made in england , advice dont buy stuff like window emp switchs from maplin i bought some and there where no magnets in them , and some where the wires werent soldered internally , get any thing like that from an alarm dealer , average price for a p.i.r ?5 magnetic switchs ?1,, melcom alarm panel ?37 , the remote for these is 35 but well worth it as you can set them up real easy with a screen display , it has outputs for 2 strobe lights 2 sirens , and a dry relay which i have connected to a nokia phone that dials me when theres a breakin , take a look at the melcom or lyntek site