PDA

View Full Version : NEW HD BOX

foxypepsi
07-05-2012, 09:31 PM
i currently have a openbox s9 hd but not sure its worth spending more money for a newer box
don t know what more other boxs can offer really i thinking off possibly get the new openbox s11 hd
because of the price as long as the hd is good and get good epg

Spinifex
07-05-2012, 09:38 PM
i currently have a openbox s9 hd but not sure its worth spending more money for a newer box
don t know what more other boxs can offer really i thinking off possibly get the new openbox s11 hd
because of the price as long as the hd is good and get good epg

openbox s9 s10 s11 and s12 all work from the exact same firmware. only differences is size.
they all still have the issue with polarity if you have other boxes on a quad lnb where the openbox loses horizontal frequencies like argos tv and gold or gold+1

however if you use a single lnb its fine, after making use of my s10 for a while now on older firmware just before they decided to remove sorting a-z of your chan lists and kinda chinesely decided to impliment the boquets i hate it so staying on older fw.

stupid runts....

youll never get a good epg because sky sometimes only allow now and next, its plugins that pull data from the internet that can achieve 7 day epg's or dm800's with certain addons but dm800's are now getting named and shamed alot so its an open market.

im happy with s10 its budget, does perform well for some time b4 its memory implodes and freezes then a reflick or reboot if its totally killed itself.

its nice to have hd comes in useful for eastenders but id say anything over an hour these boxes go glitchy and build up static and become weird and need clearing lol.. cant just be me!

Spin.

foxypepsi
07-05-2012, 09:52 PM
WHAT BOX WOULD YOU RECOMMEND SPINIFEX WHAT ABOUT A Technomate TM-5302 HD

Spinifex
07-05-2012, 09:59 PM
i get varied reports about those too but they can take dm images tho since linux based.
i doubt any box clone or w/e is perfect youll just have to bite the bullet on a tm.

foxypepsi
07-05-2012, 10:08 PM
JUST DONT KNOW I WAS ALSO LOOKING AT THE Blade Media BM7000S ASWELL AS THE GiGaBlue HD800 SE OFF WORLD OF SAT ONLY WANT A NEW BOX BECAUSE OFF the issue with polarity ON MY OPENBOX
I WAS ALSO THINKING OF THE EAGLEBOX MINI FOR MY BEDROOM

tinkertiler
07-05-2012, 11:12 PM
Ive had so far a Dreambox 500s clone - It was ok but wanted hd so
Got Spiderbox 7000hd - ok to start on the HD trail but soon got rid of it because it would glitch alot then
Blade Media 7000 - was very happy with this box, would glitch occasionally and then got
VU solo - Brilliant box may cost a bit more than the others but worth every penny imo! Enigma 2 and with the new images that are available it is a well supported box and not closed source like the Blade and Technomate

I also set up a Technomate 5402 for my mate and it looked pretty much the same as the Blade box but the menu was different picture was pretty much the same as the Blade and didnt see any glitching when we was setting it up.

My mate has a VU duo and has had it since they were first released and he thinks its brilliant and thats the reason i went for the VU solo as i dont need a twin tuner as never record anything so it would be wasted.

There is no way i would go back to the cheaper boxes since getting the VU. Its a great box well supported and highly recomended, just make sure you dont get stuck with a clone! Our site sponsor is a wise move to ask about prices ect :)

Spinifex
07-05-2012, 11:23 PM
JUST DONT KNOW I WAS ALSO LOOKING AT THE Blade Media BM7000S ASWELL AS THE GiGaBlue HD800 SE OFF WORLD OF SAT ONLY WANT A NEW BOX BECAUSE OFF the issue with polarity ON MY OPENBOX
I WAS ALSO THINKING OF THE EAGLEBOX MINI FOR MY BEDROOM

if you have polarity issues with your box i can provide a hardware fix for less than a tenner you can see the original post in sales and wants and has an image of my posh device that does work and wuill solve your problems.

im open to offers as ts getting in my way now and would like somebody to make use of them instead of stuck on the shelf.

Spin.

link http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?45467-FOR-SALE-Openbox-Signal-fix-device-by-spinifex

foxypepsi
07-05-2012, 11:36 PM
thanks i will let you know i was thinking of selling my openbox s9hd and my dm500s clone

notanotherone
08-05-2012, 01:03 PM
have a word with our sponsor