PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Questions

Sh0t2bts
10-08-2006, 12:58 PM
Hi Guys,

I would prefer to read how to hack my Surfboard 3100 in a tut but my post count is still to low, so I guess I will have to ask away until I increase it.

My understanding so far from reading the posts is:-
I need to get a MAC address that is registered with /\/TL as im in a /\/tl area but one from out of my area, so that both mac's don't register with the same /\/tl router?

I will need to spoof my PC MAC addresses as they can be tracked back to my contracted CM, is this for every PC that I use through the CM or could I just spoof my routers MAC which I have 5 PC plugged into?

Do I need to get any hardware to talk to the CM or will I do this via a crossover cable?

What software do need?

Thats I I know for now, if i have missed any bits out could someone fill the gaps?

Cheers

Guys / Gals

Sh0t2bts

universall
10-08-2006, 08:52 PM
thats says it all and on the first part of your question you are rite.

Sh0t2bts
11-08-2006, 12:27 PM
Cheers for the link,

Im going to post 3 replies to the post to increase my post cpunt so i can dl the file.

Im sure I will have more questions once Ihave read the tut

Sh0t2bts
11-08-2006, 12:28 PM
Sorry Guys

Sh0t2bts
11-08-2006, 12:29 PM
Last one and I should be able to DL the tut

Thanks Again

gwapo
25-08-2006, 10:42 AM
I am in the same position as you (can't download any tutorials yet) but from what I can make out, you need a regular CAT45 cable NOT a crossover cable.

I realise you probably have your answers by now but my post might be of use to others in my position!

enam
31-08-2006, 11:10 PM
Hi Guys,
I will need to spoof my PC MAC addresses as they can be tracked back to my contracted CM, is this for every PC that I use through the CM or could I just spoof my routers MAC which I have 5 PC plugged into? Sh0t2bts
in reply to this question here, all you need to do is spoof the MAC address from your original NIC card and copy that to the router, all the other 5 comps can be what ever mac addy they want as the spoofed addy is used in the router. the router produces its own IP address for the other comps and therefore the other comps doesnt need to be spoofed.
so the MAC addy of the NIC card that was used originally for the cable modem in the first place, THAT is the addy that needs to be used for the router.
if i am wrong in anywhere, please correct me in the appropriate places and add/subtract anything i have missed :9:

Kojiro Soma

sockdip
03-11-2006, 06:58 PM
Hi there hope this relevant being a newbie question and all,

Why when people type NTL do they change its appearance such as n*l or /VTL etc?

I know this is a daft question but thats beacause you know the answer!!!

Dont flame me.........

stickywicket
03-11-2006, 07:44 PM
(1) guess who also reads these threads ;)
(2) bots/spiders etc, pick up on frequent words, phrases, abbreviations, therefore some are edited.
(3) it looks cool
(4) other ppl do it, others join the club.

hope this helps, was discussed a while back and conclusions were there was no strong reason.